And the biggest loser is ...... EBAY

Well I dont often thank ebay but I just have too now. Like most,  my sales have dropped to almost nothing so it sort of cattle prodded me into looking around for other outlets. I also started updating my own website and getting the word out there. Wow I cant believe how little effort I needed to get things happening again   -   off ebay.

So thanks ebay your saving me heaps in fees (From $300-400 a month in fees last year to last month - $60) and you gave me the big nudge i needed to look elsewhere.

If you want the big sellers ...they are all yours. If you prefer sellers like the Good Guys with 98% feedback ( 414 negs and 369 neuts) to my 100% feedback  ...They are all yours.

Thanks again for the nudge I needed.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

congrats ... I too am seriously considering winding down my ebay store in favour of other alternatives

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

umm.. you do realise thats exactly what they are trying to do... right?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

In the end it will be poor old muma and popa that looses it all, if I had the money I would purchase ebay right now and totally change how it is run (because I know whats best right?). Not to say I have any business sense but really! is this the best they can do?

The proof is in the pudding really and all the changes are doing nothing except for creating uncertanty. I generally have no problems but ebay seem to be creating quite a few. If you can pick all my spelling mistakes yuou get free delivery.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@gtx305 wrote:

umm.. you do realise thats exactly what they are trying to do... right?

Absolutley ...Just saying thanks.

Not sure who is steering ebay at the moment but pretty sure their name is Captain Edward J. Smith

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

your spelling looks good to me lol

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

your spelling looks good to me lol

Found one

yuou get free delivery.

Time to go shopping hehehe

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You only found ONE? What about muma, popa, looses, whats, uncertanty, and of course, yuou. Smiley LOL
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Can you tell us what other outlets are working for you? (besides your own website)

I originally came onto the boards to sort of get my mind in gear to start selling again, after a gap of 8 or 9 years.

I wanted to get updated on changes and how things worked.

It has been an educational experience all right but has turned me off selling via ebay. I am keen to know any really good sites elsewhere-already know of gumtree, QS, Etsy.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The latest talk about the forums is Swapmeet.  Australian owned and operated.  Seems posters are starting to get results, but there are plenty of unhappy eBay sellers who are happy to give it their support atm.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply