And the next cushion cover goes to...

Was just addressing an order that came in over the weekend on another platform I sell on and I realised that my item is going to end up in no less than the royal palace of Hampton Court, built in the reign of King Henry VIII.

My items have ended up in film studios and museums before, but a palace is a first for me.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

was it a super hero themed item?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

queen.gif

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

@k1oo-slr-sales:

No, it was a tapestry floral cushion cover in a very old style - this wasn't purchased on Ebay, but rather on the other "E" platform I sell on.

It will definitely fit in the decor of the palace - heck, maybe even the Queen will see it! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I sold a book to the author once.

I didn't feel a need to use it as advertising though.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

davewil1964

It was a nice surprise on a rather dull weekend.

I couldn't care if nobody looks at my shop - I certainly don'ty need to justify myself after 16 years of selling here.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Don't listen to any downers - that is really great - an interesting sale, well done!

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I sold a book to the author once.

Had the author not received an advance copy...? Usually authors will also receive between 5 and 10 complimentary copies.

Hmm. If it was an out-of-print book, I suppose the author may have wanted an additional copy to give to someone, and been unable to get further copies from the publisher.

Either that, or the author's study/library/bookroom is lined with copies of their own works.

Actually, that's given me a wonderful plot idea. All I need do now is think up a twist, people the story, and write it up. Something very dark with touches of delicate humour so carefully interspersed between the macabre elements that they may be mistaken for grim splotches of irrelevant embellishments...

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns, I am longing to take a culinary class in the kitchens of Hampton Court, with Ivan Day. If I ever do, I will scrutinise the cushions.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply