Another 100 free listings thread as editorial

Why ebay does not make the 100 free listings more user friendly to sellers is beyond me.

Rather than wait for an invitation that may or may not arrive ebay should set aside one weekend a month so everybody is on the same page. Nothing wrong with the first Friday of the month or whatever, it's open for everybody, it lets people plan ahead, instead of just springing it on them at the last minute, if it happens at all, sellers need to plan and not to jump through the hoops which are placed before them at the last minute.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

let me get this right ,you are complaining that some people[ get for -free] 100 listings  but ebay dont give enough notice.

would you like ebay to send you out a callendar with the dates on it ,so you wont have to pay ever for a listing.mmmmmmmmmmmm

[its free] except it when and if it comes to you, not everybody gets those free listings, 

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

This thread is not about me.

It's the culmination of the threads that exist that sellers complain about, if there was no problem there would be no complaints.

If we see that a problem exists we can curl up in the corner and hope it goes away, or we can offer solutions whether they accept them or not.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I understand what you're saying duck-dodgers, and I didn't read it as a 'complaint'.

And yes, it would be nice if eBay were a little more generous to their sellers across the board .... after all, the more we sell, the more eBay receive in their FVF's.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

We live in such an entitled world these days. How sad. What will you do if they stop the promos altogether?  Given they are becoming less and less frequent it's certainly on the cards. 

Why not just have everything ready to go for if/when they decide to have another one?  That's what I do. Photos are all done, draft listings made (and backed up). All I have to do is hit the go button. I'm scattering my listings this weekend thanks to the invite only promo. Then next week I'll have more ready to go in the event there's a promo next weekend. 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Yeah I agree, and they should also guarantee us that 27.75% of our goods will sell each week.  And that all buyers will pay us within 10 minutes of purchase.  And that no buyer will give us negative feedback.  They are all issues that sellers complain about.

Ebay are a business, they suit the free listing to periods that suit them,  that could be periods of low listing, or a multitude of other reasons.  But it is done to suit them, as you do things to suit your business.

And just thinking about it I think they should make that 36.25%  rather that 27.75%, that would be even better.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

"I'm scattering my listings this weekend thanks to the invite only promo. Then next week I'll have more ready to go in the event there's a promo next weekend."

I thought my editorial covered this situation in the opening, and what a waste of time and effort if you don't receive any.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

what a waste of time and effort if you don't receive any.

Not really, you'll just be ready to go when the new month starts and your regular free allocation arrives.  Put in the work in preparation for the ones you know you will get, eBay doesn't guarantee anything above that so we have no right to feel hard done by if we don't get bonuses.  That's like giving a regular customer a little gift as a thank you, and then having them complain that they don't get it every time they order.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

First you say -

Why ebay does not make the 100 free listings more user friendly to sellers is beyond me.

Rather than wait for an invitation that may or may not arrive ebay should set aside one weekend a month so everybody is on the same page. Nothing wrong with the first Friday of the month or whatever, it's open for everybody, it lets people plan ahead, instead of just springing it on them at the last minute, if it happens at all, sellers need to plan and not to jump through the hoops which are placed before them at the last minute.

Then you say -

"I'm scattering my listings this weekend thanks to the invite only promo. Then next week I'll have more ready to go in the event there's a promo next weekend."

I thought my editorial covered this situation in the opening, and what a waste of time and effort if you don't receive any.

So what exactly is it that you're saying?    To plan or not to plan?

And you seem to be asking a lot from ebay

I think our next lot of listings (for stores) wil be in the  24th and a 1/2th century

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Simple, people can plan all they like waiting in hope, or they can plan knowing they have a definite date.

Only ebay can remove the uncertainty, not negative feedback, not your buyers, not Aus post, that is not asking for much.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply