Another SCAM

This one is new to me, although I am sure it would have happened to others. I am hoping for same advise.

I sold two records to a person in Singapore last week.

I got them packed and posted immediately.

I got a message this morning, saying how I advertised two records, but they only got one. And how disappointed they were.

I replied and said that I packed the records my self, and I 100% know that I put both in. And how disappointed I was to hear this.

I have not heard back yet, but boy am I annoyed.

I am honest, and I definitely , no doubt sent the buyer both records.

I believe this is a scam, they want want half their money back. A great way to get cheap records.

Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience and what the out come was please?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Another SCAM

@gramophonerecord wrote:

Thank you to every ones suggestions, I am certainly ready to fight this one out.
I sent the buyer a reply yesterday, asking which record did not arrive. Still no reply yet.
In my next reply I am going to ask for pictures of the packaging and for him to give me the weight.

This might be nothing, but I think this is strange. I got my first message from this guy at 12.52 am on the 24th of Oct. Which makes me think the parcel must have been delivered the day before. Ironically, ebay and the Aust post website shows that it was delivered on Wed, the 24th, which would have been after he messaged with a complaint. This seems fishy to me??

Could it be to do with the time differences? It could be local time.

In any case, if/when he replies and states which record wasn't included, I'd send this. He'd indicated he's going to leave bad feedback anyway, so I'd at least try to worry him if he's making it all up:

"Dear [buyer],

Thank you for your reply. I definitely packed [missing item]. Given that [missing item] wasn't in the package, it is evident that theft has occurred. I'll need to make a report to ACORN and other relevant parties, including Singapore Post. Please give all the details you can, and send me a picture of exactly of what you received.

Also, what's the telephone number if your local post office? They're not supposed to deliver tampered packages without making a report, so I'll need to contact them and find out why that happened.

Awaiting your reply.

[Seller]"

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

You could be right. If they're buying records there's a good chance they buy a few and if the other one didn't have the sender's name on it (many don't) they could have thought it was yours. They could have bought from someone else a while and forgotten it if it didn't arrive for some time, hence thought it was yours when it did turn up not long after they bought from you.
Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

Singapore is one of the very few Asian countries I will ship to - besides Japan and South Korea.  Haven't had any problems with them yet.  You may have found the village idiot as a customer by bad luck - and he has somehow confused himself to your disadvantage....I usually am happy with Singaporean customers.....But then, I deal with low level stamps that I no longer need or want, or have duplicates....Just a long term hobbyist that is off-loading excess holdings....at the wife's insistence....LOL.  Anyway, I have been ripped off by a couple Australians here at home....so they are everywhere.  You can only avoid the countries where ebay fraud is endemic - like China, India, Middle East, Africa...etc...I only sell to about twenty percent of the planet....the other 80% is definitely not worth it.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

everard6920

Thank you very much, I will definitely use this, if not now, then in the future , if the need arises.

As for this situation, I don't  know what is going on, all I can think is that the buyer was trying to bluff me, or he got my parcel confused with another, as I have still had no reply.

Does this mean it's all over...........?

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply