Another ebay miracle!!!

I have 2 selling accounts and one is still getting established, so still has low feedback (less than 100). A buyer left positive feedback for their purchase and when I checked the DSR's, they had left me 3 stars for item description. Instant defect! That one defect cause me to go from 0% to 1.22% which nearly made me gag.

I sent the buyer a polite message asking if there was something wrong with her item and if there was, is there anything I can do to rectify it. She replied back yesterday afternoon saying that while she was a little disappointed with it, she always contacts the seller rather than leave low ratings. In this instance, she decided not to contact me. She said if she had left a low rating, it was purely by accident. She apologised profusely and asked if there was anything she could do to rectify it.

I replied back saying really the only thing she could do was maybe contact them, but even then there is little chance they would do anything. I thanked her profusely for the kind offer of trying to fix it and left it at that.

It got the better of me after dinner last night, so I fired off an email stating the above, even though I knew it would be a complete waste of time.  I requested that they check the messages between us where the buyer indicated that she left the rating in error. An hour or so later I got a reply (first shock!!) saying they had reviewed the details and were pleased to tell me that they would remove the defect!!!!

As an aside, the buyer also told me that when she answered the yes/no question about it arriving before the estimate, she ticked no. Not sure why because I sent it the same day she paid, it arrived interstate in 2 days. My handling time is 5 days. Therefore, the estimate should have at least been longer than my 5 day handling time. At this point, I can't see anywhere where that has adversely affected me, although my DSR was showing 4 for postage time.

Guess who's doing the happy dance!! There is hope for us yet! I wonder if customer service has had a shake up as far as the email system goes?

I just wanted to share something good as so often all you see on here is bad stuff.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Another ebay miracle!!!

I find they are pretty good removing negs if the buyer says it was left in error. I have had a few removed that way.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Another ebay miracle!!!

I think I'm more shocked that they fixed it via email and I didn't have to call them! I was prepared to call them today, but didn't need to. Maybe sending a polite email as opposed to a rant and rave might make the difference?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Another ebay miracle!!!

We had a similar experience a while back now where the buyer left us glowing POS FB but a low star rating for as descibed.

Contacted the buyer about it and they said they were extremely happy as the POS indicated and that they clearly recalled leaving 5-stars across the baord. But she did say she may have mis-clicked!

So I got in touch with ebay about it and despite the fact that the buyer messages indicated otherwise they would not remove the defect.

So I think it very much depends on the CSR and their mood at the time. If at first you dont succeed try again I guess, although we did not do that.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Another ebay miracle!!!

Ebay customer service seems to be much better than in the past. I had a technical issue a while back and they walked me through it. While I've complained a bit on this board, credit where it's due ... online customer service these days seems to be quite good.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply