Any Victorian Sellers Who notice a drop in recent sales??

I'm based in Melbourne and my sales almost dropped near half since last week. This happened after the eBay announcement of helping Victorian sellers during the pandemic. 

The reason may be the increased number of days for ETA for VIctoria based sellers due to the delays of Australia Post. So maybe Victoria-based ads are now less visible to other states, therefore leading to lesser sales.

I just wanted to know if this is something experienced by me or do other sellers in Victoria also see a drop in sales!!

Best regards and stay safe...

Prime

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Any Victorian Sellers Who notice a drop in recent sales??

@danieh_6 wrote:

Main point is the buyers think we have some magical wand that can control and force Auspost to deliver their items.

Sellers do have a "magical wand" in a way, all they need to do is extend their handling time to 7 or more business days to give a buffer for the inevitable late arrivals, but still post within a day or so.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I've removed all my listings from both accounts as I'm stuck in Warnambool due to the restrictions so can't access my stock.

Good thing I'm only a casual seller which has no impact on me needing to sell items and sales were down anyway so the break gives me a chance to see if I really want to keep selling or not.good.gif

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

For most accounts this has been done but for new accounts or products we offer 1 business day depending on the situation, sometimes for ebay plus, sometimes to get the account ratings up or bring the item up the algorithm.

Regardless that point is still kinda 'eh' because buyers still seem to say stuff like "WHY IS THE DELIVERY TIME SO LONG ITS JUST MELBOURNE TO NSW"
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Yes I noticed a drop since the Victorian 2nd outbreak however I did raise prices at the same time. I had very good months in April and May (doubled sales) and sales levels in Jan-Feb-march and June-July-August were same as usual (June being my lowest month). It may or may not have to do with ebays article. However, keep in mind that people may not want to buy things from Victoria due to the nature of the outbreak. I clean all my stuff before sending it - advertising this might build buyer confidence. 

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply