Any other sellers wasting a fortune of time complying with new recommended item specifics?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a seller of preloved, retro, vintage items - which a good percentage of ebay sellers are - Im finding that the item speciifics repeat and require a not applicable entry in many of my new listings -

if i tick NO METAL then why does the system then ask me metal purity?

if an item is pre loved why is model, manufacturer code, etc etc even included, these specifics are for new factory made/ direct items, 

so much wasted time to put up new listings now.

and any Ebay Au sellers know what a california prop warning is?

Is it just me or is anyone finding the same? Interested to know

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Any other sellers wasting a fortune of time complying with new recommended item specifics?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/California-Prop-65-Warning/td-p/28909386

...and yes, I try to sell in categories that don't require all the CARP

just as an exercise pretend to list a non-fiction book.....you'll want to stick a fork in your eye ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
ah yes I have tried that , its super fun with the item specifics of regional cuisine, city etc when its a kids fantasy book @$5 - grrrrrrrr
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

just as an aside, you've posted this thread in the wrong forum, so a Mod might be around soon and will move it to 'selling'
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I don't like anything about the new format....but have found a bit of a workaround by having store open & working from there.....listing 'sell similar' and tweaking from there
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
whoops, I didn't even see it was under paypal etc, I guess frustration got to me, not really a forum poster ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

you will get so many more opinions if/when they move it ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

if an item is pre loved why is model, manufacturer code, etc etc even included, these specifics are for new factory made/ direct items, 

Why wouldnt I want to know the model and manufacture code, etc, etc, etc of a pre loved item,   if I want a preloved widget, I still want it to be from a specific brand even if it is pre loved.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

True, and wherever possible, if it's on the actual tag on the item, these details can be entered however a lot of pre loved or retro items don't have that information on the item, it's often on the original manufacturers retail tag when produced and removed when worn, I'm mainly referring to fashion items in this instance. Thanks for responding 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:
ah yes I have tried that , its super fun with the item specifics of regional cuisine, city etc when its a kids fantasy book @$5 - grrrrrrrr

I just leave the irrelevant one's blank. Hasn't affected listing ability, or sales.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply