Any problems with buyer postcode 6019?

Hi,

Given the new state of ebay affiairs,  I'm just being cautious  and am wondering if anyone has had any problems with a buyer with postcode 6019?

I have a new buyer (registered yesterday) and would appreciate any input.

Hopefully my fears are groudless, and yes, I know I could change my settings but everyone has to start somewhere, or at least that's what I beleieved before 1st November.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Any problems with buyer postcode 6019?

I guess it depends on what they bought. If you sold them a phone I'd be worried, but if it was something non electronic you should be OK. I've had quite a few 0 feedback buyers buy from me and they have all been great. As you said, everyone has to start somewhere!

Only 'hassle' I've had with new buyers is, sometimes you might need to assist them with how to pay as some can get a bit confused. I've helped a few out with different things and they've all been very grateful.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

postcode 6019 ,Scarborough and Wembley Downs (Perth), Western Australia (WA)always send items with tracking or SOD if you are worried, 

also some times new buyers need extra assistance if using mobile devices

you shouldnot have any issues, but AP is takeing longer to deliver items at the moment.

hope this helps assure you its ok.

Anthony

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry - but I find it a bit hard to understand why a buyers postcode should cause any concern.

I have newly registered buyers purchasing off me virtually every day and not once would I even look at their postcode and think it might cause a problem.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Hi,

It's not the postcode that's the problem, just a general query as I can't name the buyer. I know it's very broad.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Something else I do with interstate buyers, especially WA (I'm in NSW), is let them know that their item could take longer than the eBay estimate in the listing. I have had items arrive there in 4 or 5 days, yet there have been times when it's taken 3-4 weeks. I always give them an extreme estimate, but also point out that it will more than likely arrive much sooner.

It just stops people worrying, especially new buyers, if the estimate date comes and goes with no delivery. I really wish eBay would ditch that estimate. They don't control the postal service.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I should have known better than coming here. I know new posters get crucified most of the time, but some of us aren't as silly as is thought.

I think it's p[robably a guest buyer anyway, so please forget I ever asked....

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for you so much for your kindness and advice. I greatly appreciate it and have leant a lot from your many posts over time. Good luck with your selling.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

After a total of nearly $500 worth of unpaid purchases from 7 zero feedback buyers in the last week they are now blocked!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply