Any suggestions for an easy free photo editing programme PLEASE ???

Really need some help here with a photo editing programme  -  if I have to pay, I will but rather free of course.    Have wasted somuch time on this.,    Used to use Kodak Easy Share but now with new laptop Windows 7 it won't work.   It's all there but won't let me "Add pictures" from my camera    Any help muchly appreciated !!!     Marlene

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Any suggestions for an easy free photo editing programme PLEASE ???

Photoscape....it is brilliant!  and FREE, Google is your friend.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

picmonkey is great
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

HI and thanks  -  I have downloaded Photoscape and think I would get used to it OK but when I had edited 40 pics it wouldn't do any more and I assumed that the free version only allowed a trial of 40.   Had a look into it it says you can buy for $29.99 which I didn't want to do.    Do you burn them to disc / card after editing ??

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It sounds like a PITA, but I actually use 3 different editing programs (because different ones do different things better than some of the others).

Windows Gallery - basic editing, adjusting exposure, colour balance, overall saturation etc.

PhotoFiltre - resizing, touching up (eg removing dust etc that found its way into the frame, isolating sections to adjust colour temp, saturation). (This is actually a fairly comprehensive editing program, I just don't like the way it adjusts exposure, which I invariably have to do so use Gallery for that).

PicMonkey - for the finishing touches, mostly background work and occasionally collages for gallery pics. All of the basic functions are free, but it's online and I recommend having Adblock installed if you're using the free version (otherwise you can find you get interrupted with video ads). 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

It is meant to be completely free, I have been using it for over a year ad edited thousands of pics with it and never had a problem.  Where did you download from?  I use another free program called Paint.net which is more for creating and editing graphics, that has a warning that the program is completely free and if you paid for it you should ask for your money back, maybe Photoscape works the same?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Irfanview has been around for years.

Website

It's a bit more complicated but will also hook up to your scanner

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks  \ - I am getting on (persevering) with Photoscape at the moment and think I will be OK with it.   Don't know what the glitch was before but I think it will be good.     Will ha   ve a squizz at the others too.  Cheers

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply