Anyone Heard of this Type of Postage?

I posted 2 parcels yesterday. Both under 500g, going by standard tracked post. When I looked at the app last night to make sure they were showing, one has come up as standard delivery, the other says "premium (legacy)" and isn't the tracking number I have on the receipt. I entered the tracking number of the second parcel and it's showing as delivered (faster than express!).

Anyone know what "premium (legacy)" post is? The "legacy" part was in brackets.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I entered the tracking number of the second parcel and it's showing as delivered (faster than express!).

Is that the result for the original or updated tracking number (or both)? 

"Legacy" in some contexts often refers to oudated or discontinued things like features, services, options, or even software / hardware, so in this case I'm guessing it could be referring to one of several things and may have been a system glitch either at the parcel scanning / sorting level, or within the app. The only service I know of that's related to Aus Post and has 'premium' in the title is Star Track's Premium service, so if by some happenstance it was put in their hands, the legacy part may be referring to that. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

When I post my parcels they scan my My Post card with each parcel and the tracking number usually automatically appears on the app. Usually I check because every now and then one doesn't make it so I manually enter it. I don't generally worry too much about tracking unless I hear from a buyer, but it's nice to have them all in one place where I can see what I need to at a glance.

When I checked it, one number was the first parcel scanned, the other one was this premium legacy thing, but still only cost $7.60. I suppose it could have been a glitch. I'll watch it over the next few days and see if there are any tracking events for it. At the moment it just says that it's been lodged (and the real tracking number shows as delivered). If I think of it next time I go to the PO I'll ask them if they know what it means.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply