Anyone delt with BUY STUFF DIRECT in the USA ?

I just recieved an email from a buyer in the Bahamas He wants to buy a big ticket item i,m selling and could i ship it to the depot of BUY STUFF DIRECT I checked the site out, it does exist and they offer a shippng service to the bahamas for residents buying from ebay ,amazon etc .The deal is ...they will act on his behalf to send me the funds (he pays them upfront) and i ship it to Florida US. It all sounds dodgy. Oh, and i was asked to drop the invoice to $1000 to save on the 60%customs duty at his end  I wonder how this scam works I'm guessing i will loose out  maybe they will use Ebay 's "not happy Jan " policy and have the funds reibursed as well as keep the goods

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ignore.

Even if it's legit it opens you up to too many possible traps. eg Under $1k if the item/s are worth significantly more.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

It could very well be legit - Theres a lot of these shipping companies in the States. Also, when importing, often the invoices are dropped to avoid tax -  a bit naughty, but I do know a lot of people who ask this, and even suppliers who will offer.   So none of what he has written is unusual.

However, these companies are also frequently used for scams.

I wouldnt be touching it with a ten foot pole - someone else will buy it. Not worth the risk.

Id ignore the email and block the buyer.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply