Anyone else heard of this ? .. Ebay's new plan in the future.

6 REPLIES 6

The plan M thing?  Got a kid trying to look at eBay toys so i gotta be quick.

Might as well go all Austin Powers & call it preparation H except it will create a pain in the butt.

So eBay is going to guarantee delivery in 4 days or get a refund? Did they steal that idea from Dominos? Smiley LOL

eBayers will have their itchy fingers on some big blue button sweating on it being late.

So omniponent eBay can control holidays,mail carriers etc.Oh well it's been a thorn in sellers sides with delivery dates for a while.

Another fail waiting to happen.

I hope eBay is going to fund this new monstrosity & not take it from sellers.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry i was thinking of a different article but equally amusing.

eBay can't run the simple things let alone a new magic app thingy for trying on clothes.

eBay trying enough magic mirrors, trying on the Emperors new clothes.eBay's nekkid & getting laughed at 'cos it's got a small willy.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

Might as well go all Austin Powers & call it preparation H except it will create a pain in the butt.

So eBay is going to guarantee delivery in 4 days or get a refund? Did they steal that idea from Dominos? Smiley LOL

eBayers will have their itchy fingers on some big blue button sweating on it being late.

So omniponent eBay can control holidays,mail carriers etc.Oh well it's been a thorn in sellers sides with delivery dates for a while.

Well, if that comes in, my handling time will be extended to 30 days. It will be made known in my listings that it is now 30 days. I will still post the same or next day as I do now (current handling time 4 days), but will not mark as posted for 10 days after posting. WA, NT or FNQ won't be marked as posted for 14 days.

Great to see someone think they can guarantee postage times! Even sending express can't get an item from me to WA in 4 days, especially remote WA, so tell 'em they're dreamin'.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

@2011.narelle wrote:

Well, if that comes in, my handling time will be extended to 30 days. It will be made known in my listings that it is now 30 days. I will still post the same or next day as I do now (current handling time 4 days), but will not mark as posted for 10 days after posting. WA, NT or FNQ won't be marked as posted for 14 days.

Great to see someone think they can guarantee postage times! Even sending express can't get an item from me to WA in 4 days, especially remote WA, so tell 'em they're dreamin'.

Do you guys reckon it's an improvement on their previous bright idea?

The one where if an item doesn't look like it's going to arrive by the ETA, the customer gets the item from a different seller, instead? 

I can tolerate their "encouragement" towards certain service standards, but I'll be darned if I'll tolerate them making guarantees on my behalf, particularly when it involves funds from my sales. Smiley Mad

(The MBG's statement of 'get the item or a refund' I don't personally have an issue with, I have practiced that guarantee since I started selling, and quite happily - I do take issue with how they implemented it, what causes defects, how cases are being handled etc, but that's a whole 'nother thing). 

As to the mirror idea....I think they should hold one up to themselves before trying to hold one up to others. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I just found the link to the project M

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m12/i08/s01

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

That's the funniest thing I have read all day. I can just imagine having to respond to buyers questioning why handling time is 30 days!

As a Western Australian seller, I definitely hear you on the Express Post issue. The big problem is that none of our state is inside the Express Post network, so anything that we send by Express takes the extra same as if posted by regular mail. I found that out the hard way when a buyer docked me on Postage Time for an item I sent by Express to non-metro NSW a while back. The low DSR was subsequently removed (since I had uploaded tracking in one day) but it just goes to show how little folks out there understand about Express Post.

Honestly, it almost sounds like Program M is a way of simply getting rid of those 'pesky' Perth sellers like me who live too far away from the rest of the country to keep antsy customers happy.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply