Anyone else transition from a shop just to listings?

I've been mulling over cancelling my shop subscription.

Not sure I can justify it anymore. This December is my lowest sales figure since 2014.

Has anyone else closed their store and had a smooth transition over to just listings?

Or alternatively, any sudden unwarranted fees or listing mess ups? 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Can't help. I've kept my store even though I pay more. I think having a store shows professionalism and I'm prepared to wear the $27 to have that.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You would have to weigh in the lower final value fees and the convenience of putting your store on holiday.     

I think the basic store fee is worth it.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I ditched mine last month.
The savings on FVF (store vs non-store) isn't as much now (for media) as it was in the past under Managed Payments. I did my comparisons between FVF's over a couple of months & found I'd be financially better off without a store. The saving on FVF was not enough to warrant shop subscription.

It's true a shop does show a level of professionalism for an on-going business but as I'm now only 'clearing out' books & household stuff it really doesn't matter to me. I've found that customers will find me anyway & if they don't...I really don't care.

Reverting to a non-store was seamless & easy for me...no hiccups at all. Cancel the store subscription on the last day of the month. You can always re-scribe if you find that not having a store is causing a massive dropoff of sales etc.
Do your comparisons regarding FVF's. 
Store Holiday settings aren't a reason to keep the store subscription.
There is now 'away' time for non-store listings.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thank You.

I think I will cancel at the end of the month.

That's good to know that listings can now be put on hold without a store!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I have run shops on & off over the past 2 years. I have found no difference in sales either way. No problems with transition either. I believe that online selling is all about presentation. This is where I believe the shop front may be an asset. I figure if I have to think long and hard about spending roughly a $1 a day having a shop, then clearly I'm not selling well. That is where I look for solutions to poor sales. At the moment I'm running a shop on a more regular basis in an effort to determine if it is worth while over the long run. I consider it an investment in marketing. Your products look fantastic in your shop. I'm sure they will look fantastic without a shop. But I believe your shopfront will have the edge. Ultimately the decision is yours, but certainly not worth worrying about either way you go. Hope this was helpful. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

A shop might look nice on a wide PC or laptop screen, but when three out of five eBay purchases are now done on a mobile device, that becomes a bit irrelevant now.   Make your listings mobile friendly using the link above the description field.  Short and simple works for us.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply