Anyone had an e-cheque from a buyer cancelled?

I dont usually post on the boards but just had a query which some of you experienced sellers may have seen before - Ive had an e-cheque from a buyer awaiting clearance since the week before last . I logged in yesterday morning to see if it was Ok to post the item yet and its now showing up as cancelled. Is this because buyer had insufficient funds? I sent a friendly note to the buyer notifying them that the e-cheque is cancelled by paypal and I have not yet sent their item, I also asked for them to inform me when and how they wish to now make payment but have not yet heard back.

My next question is where to from now? Its already been quite some time since the sale, buyer took quite a long time to even initiate the e-cheque payment and never made any contact with me. I was on the verge of opening an unpaid item dispute but then the e-cheque came through. Should I give them a further 4 days from now and then open unpaid item?  Im actually finished this round of clothes selling after clearing out my wardrobe and cant forsee more selling again for quite some time - 50 kg weight loss (YAY!)

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

YAY 50kg weight loss, you are a hero.  If it was me regarding the echeque I would open non payment case now.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

rjm6572
Community Member

i had a buyer twice try and pay by E-cheque and both times it was declined, the buyer didnt know why it was knocked back but in the end they paid by bank transfer....the buyer kept in contact but it took nearly 2 weeks to finalise the tranaction so see what the buyer says

if you're not prepared to wait the only course of action is to open a dispute and it might hurry up the buyer

50kg is a lot and are you posting the item or a pick up

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies - I was posting the item to the buyer. I might give them til tomorrow to see if they make contact and then open unpaid item, Id rather not draw it out any longer. Ive had plenty of e-cheques in the past with no problems, this is the first.

Yep 50kg is a whole person I used to carry around ๐Ÿ˜„ Feels amazing to have that off my back but honestly its a whole life change. I have accepted I will forever be working out daily and watching what I eat otherwise I'll be buying back all of my plus size clothes again ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply