Anyone know a good address label printer?

Hi, 

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good label printer for ebay. 

The factors I'm looking at are:

- Price of ink (if needed and not thermal)

- Price of sticky print paper rolls

- Price of the printer

- Easy to get the addresses from ebay and into the printer (not so time consuming that it's easier to just stick with ebay's lable print feature which is what I'm currently doing through a non sticky paper normal printer)

- Able to print out the following details on each label - item name, address, date paid, post type (express or regular)

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@marjak15 wrote:

Hi, 

- Price of the printer

- Easy to get the addresses from ebay and into the printer (not so time consuming that it's easier to just stick with ebay's lable print feature which is what I'm currently doing through a non sticky paper normal printer)

- Able to print out the following details on each label - item name, address, date paid, post type (express or regular)

Thanks for any help!

I'm using a Brother QL 570 which uses a 62mm wide roll.

I print portrait but if you go landscape you can go 62mm deep by any width.

62mm wide is fine for me as I use it for letter labels.

It cost around $80 I think.

Aftermarket rolls I bought from bestdealsoz - see item 231398143206 (about $35 for 5 x 30m rolls).

Very sticky and good quality (as is the re-usable core)

I'm still on my first roll lol.

Getting yourdata in there would be an ask for any printer because eBay doesn't give it to you in any convenient way.

I've just been using the sales details page and copy/paste.

The supporting Brother software will print from a database but you'd need to figure out how to populate it ... good luck with that!

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@marjak15 wrote:

Hi, 

- Price of the printer

Thanks for any help!

Aftermarket rolls I bought from bestdealsoz - see item 231398143206 (about $35 for 5 x 30m rolls).

Getting yourdata in there would be an ask for any printer because eBay doesn't give it to you in any convenient way.

The supporting Brother software will print from a database but you'd need to figure out how to populate it ... good luck with that!

I 100% agree with this. I have the same printer and totally love it even got the rolls of the same sellers and 100% happy had a small problem 1 roll was on the wrong way seller refunded me for the roll. 

As far as putting dat in I use 'view order details' and just copy and paste from there you can also use paypal to get the address which is the safer way to. For my return address I have it in the envelope sectting on word but you can just have it on notepad or what is convient for you.
I use P-Touch to print which comes with it

I have not tried to print from a database so do not know how it works. 

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks a lot for your help! Before I read your post I was looking at the Dymo printers. Looks like you can download ebay sales data in excel format and then create labels in Dymo software using the excel doc.  I think you can choose what data the software puts on the label and also where it puts it (ie. item title, address etc). If the Brother software allows that, it would save you heaps of time copying and pasting.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

marjak - yes it does all that. I download a csv file from ebay so no copying and pasting. It is very quick and easy to do

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

I use the Dymo labelwriter 450 and love it I bulk after market buy my postage rolls and it works out around 1 or 2 cents a label (cant remember the exact amount now but know it was only 1 or 2 cents) I just do the standard copy and paste as I also print a paper invoice for myself as a pick sheet and a record of the sale so is about 2 seconds work to copy and paste as I am already on the page anyway. 🙂

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Similar to other's replies here we use a Brother QL-500 printer. It has been working flawlessly for 4-years or so now.

We just copy/paste from "print address labels or invoices" choice then format a bit to fit our address label before printing using the software that came with the printer.

We use large letter so the smaller 62mm wide labels suit us well.

We use the rolls without the centre roll holder and we have a re-usable holder. Cheaper that way.

I think it would be very difficult to print directly (or via database) as there are so many errors on buyer addresses that to use a lot of them without some editing would cause higher letter loss rates. So since we have no seller protection due to our use of large letter we correct these errors as we print. Sometimes we have to ask the buyer for a correct address as we are unable to correct it ourelves.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@jensmanchester

I can't find anything in Ebay help about downloading addresses as a csv file.
Can you help please?

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

He said not thermal

@dazzledayz wrote:

@marjak15 wrote:

Hi, 

- Price of the printer

Thanks for any help!

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Ebay's refusal to collect a validated address from buyers is so frustrating.  Easily fixed and they chose not to.

I think it would be very difficult to print directly (or via database) as there are so many errors on buyer addresses that to use a lot of them without some editing would cause higher letter loss rates. So since we have no seller protection due to our use of large letter we correct these errors as we print. Sometimes we have to ask the buyer for a correct address as we are unable to correct it ourelves.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply