Anyone know if the ebay flat rate satchels have been discontinued?

As of last week, the postage option for ebay flat rate satchels has disappeared and now the only option is the new high price Australia Post flat rate satchels is available. Not getting much joy from ebay with answers....anyone know what's happening to them?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

500gram is now called small. 3kg is now called large. Use them till you have none left.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Call up support or use the chat and complain (i.e $8.95 is the cheapest option to send a small item which is **bleep**- don't need 5kg in weight) - you generally get a credit (milage will vary) - I got $15, others got $50, $100.

Then yes use the existing 500g/3kgs ones and switch to sendle

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

I would not reccomend switching to Sendle as they are a metro based service that charges a small fortune for rural areas.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

If sellers use Sendle they may have some very unhappy buyers.

It is a courier broker service and not  only do some buyers dislike courier delivery but you will never know which courier will actually do the delivery.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

I would not reccomend switching to Sendle as they are a metro based service that charges a small fortune for rural areas.

They also wont pick up from areas "too far" away from their depots so most country areas aren't covered (they

do have country based depots but only in the larger country cities).

Basically it's a company that are trying to take business away from others but only in the more lucrative areas

so that their profits can be higher.

I got a parcel delivered here last year and then received a notice some days later that they would no longer

deliver to my location as they only deliver to towns (I live 2 kms out on the road to the next town).stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Which also means they wont pick up from here.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Don't forget unhappy sellers when they wait all day for a collection and they show up next day.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Or not delivered at all, if Sendle decide to use Fastway.

Which they do more often than not.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

I personally am not into having items delivered by courier without prior knowledge.  I am Sydney Metro and quite nicely serviced by AP.  If I were to get a courier delivery unexpectedly, I would most surely provide the seller with a neutral.  If a listing says AP that is what I want.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Don't forget unhappy sellers when they wait all day for a collection and they show up next day.

There are a lot of sellers who cannot see past the bottom line.....if Sendle is a few cents cheaper then they will use it.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply