Anyone sick of the rip off fees these ebay charges. I for one am extremely **bleep** off.

I've just finished trying to sell some stuff on ebay. Never again. These robbers have  taken about 25% of my sales. Get rich on ebay? more like get ripped. They claim to only take 9.9% of the sale. Then they want 9.9% of what the postage costs. All for doing nothing.

I will no longer support ebay by selling or purchasing anything.

BG 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Anyone sick of the rip off fees these ebay charges. I for one am extremely **bleep** off.

The difference is if I offer free post it is not the truth and quite possibly illegal and ripping off the buyer, all to gain some browny points for ebays best batch system which doesn't seem to work anyway.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: Anyone sick of the rip off fees these ebay charges. I for one am extremely **bleep** off.

I read these boards quite often and when someone posts a negative comment about eBay, the first it seems to jump in always in eBays defence is phorum_junkie*. Registered in the UK with no current feedback in the last 3 years it would appear that if you don't work for eBay you know someone who does. Why not put up your actual account? or do you not stand buy your consistent rhetoric that eBay is fine to do as it pleases and it is the be all and end all. I am just fed up with you shooting downs peoples gripes and legitimate concerns for which this forum is provided for.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

I'm with you in that regard and I won't offer "free postage" either. Most buyers are fairly astute these days and see it exactly for the disgusting lie that it is, but it still makes no difference as far as I'm concerned. To call it "free postage" is completely wrong, it is unconscionable and totally misleading and I don't give a toss as to what incentives eBay may offer me to provide it, I flatly refuse to do so and will continue to display the item cost plus actual postage in my listings as long as I continue selling on eBay.
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I think ebay has lost a sense of its purpose, if you like.

A decade and more ago, it did have a lot more private sellers and a lot more small items.

I was asked to do a survey yesterday by ebay. A lot of the questions seemed to centre around what I wanted from ebay-was it big retailers and guaranteed postage, was it the latest trends or did I enjoy auctions or buy second hand?

The truth is the niche for direct selling from big retailers seems to have passed ebay by. They have a lot of businesses but more for what i would call smallish type stuff and in some cases, cheap, mass produced stuff. I put in a word for the small private sellers with good second hand items.Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Interesting point.  I wouldn't mind betting that the reason eBay can get away with charging a FVF on postage is somehow connected to the way they are set up and declared geographic location for business purposes.  Quite probable when one considers that they don't pay a penny in taxation to the Australian Government despite what must be a considerable turn over.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

That 84% is your gross profit margin, not nett. Try deducting the cost of your stock 

I did say after deducting the cost of new stock, all my second hand stuff, which is where I make the most money per item, has a zero value to begin with as it would be given away or dumped if it was not being sold on ebay.

My other costs are all built into the price of the item or the postage I am charging. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I just sold a 4 year old ride on lawn mower on EBay sale price $3500.00 my net return $3030.70 so I just got ripped off by EBay so I am no longer ever going to sell on Ebay again

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Apart from dragging up an 8 YEAR OLD thread, you would have presumably checked on eBay's fees for selling before listing - so there should have been no surprise that they take about 13.5% in fees...............

Sensible sellers build that into their selling price so that effectively the buyer pays the fees.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

A shame you did not know about the fees before selling..........

Or that you listed a $3500 ride on lawn mower under 'lawn mower parts'

Or that you believe eBay will care about your one sale tantrum on an 8 year old thread

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply