Are they fudging the figures again?

go-tazz
Community Member

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0&_nkw=Dark+Future...

Shows 234 results for Dark Future ,but there are only 190 listings.

My watch list says All (26) but there are only 17 listings on it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Gardening-/2032/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=blue+strawberry&_geositeid=15&_trks...

Showsn 110 results for blue strawberry,but there are only 85 on it.

Must be nearing bonus time again so they want to make it look like there are more listings,etc,(or they've had a

"play" and mucked that up as well),tease.gif

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No, they aren't fudging anything.  If you have a look at the listings you'll find some of them have multiple variations, and each variation is counted as a separate item even though it doesn't have its own listing.

I've been caught out on that one too.  I couldn't understand why there were only 6 listings showing for some shoes when it said there were over 100.  I eventually figured that all the different size and colour variations meant there definitely were that many different items.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

That doesn't work out as there 132 total variations from sellers that have them and 51 listings have only one

single listing,(that's 71 above the stated 110).

None of the now 18 items in my watch list have variations and it still says All (27).

The whole point is that you can still only buy one at a time so it should count as one listing,(you can buy more

of then one item but not multiple variations at the same time).

Next they'll start including the amount of items available in a single listing,(that would make that Blue Strawberry

one over 1000 listings but only the 85 showing).

So IMHO it's still fudging the figures to make it look like there are more items available to be bought,(usually

done to appease the share holders or to make it look like they are not going backwards).

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply