Item does Not Fit ** Overseas Customer

Hi, Just some advice please. Customer from US has brought our item (shapewear) and it does not fit, they want a tighter one. Because International postage is so expensive, they want to keep item and for us to send them another in a smaller size and for us to pay all costs. I am happy to pay the postage costs of the new item to them once they return the item.. or give a full refund once they return the item? Both situations I lose money... but to just send them another... because they want a smaller size?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You don't have to refund or replace at all for buyers wrong choice of size.

The buyers idea of them keeping the first item and you sending a new one is not on.

I don't even know why buyers would buy shapewear online, especially from international seller, who is not obligated to accept returns if it is the wrong size and as pointed out above the high cost of intl postage.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Suggest - 

Dear buyer,

I am sorry to hear the size is not suitable.

However ebay do stipulate that wrong size choice is not a refundable option.

I will, for good order sake, pay the postage costs should you wish to purchase another item of a different size.

Kind regards,

They may wish to purchase another or you may not hear from them again.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Hi, Thanks for your replies. I offered the other day to send them another one at just fabric cost plus postage and suggested the use the other as a gift or reselling.. they said no... the one they had was of no use.. So I said please send back for exchange or refund. They then lost the polot and said that unless they received another one or full refund they would leave negative feedback and open a case. They did open a case today and I filled in that I would accept the return of the item.. They then lost the plot called me a scammer as I would not send another item and left horible negative feedback saying we were scammers and that item does not work and that I expected them to pay international post costs... 😞 I tried to explain to them that if I brought jeans and they did not fit me, I would not expect the seller to send me another size? It's so hard to receive neagtive feedback from unfear demands... 😞 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I presume the neg must be on another ID, but either way since they threatened negative feedback in an ebay email you can phone ebay and ask to have it removed because of feedback extortion, if the first CS rep won't do it ask to speak to a supervisor.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Ok, I will try that.. with all the new rules and regulations I just wanted to ensure that I wasn't expected to send an item. I made such reasonable offers and would of refunded 100% or paid the International postage back to her for the exchange. It's hard not to cave in.. when they threaten feedback 😞   

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

just a bit off on a tangent here . . . . . but I hope that all those buyers that feel that sellers should leave their buyers +ve feedback as soon as they pay because they "have done their job by paying promptly" read this thread.  The transaction for this seller , the OP, has not yet concluded . . . . . . and I ask, why would the OP add to the buyer green dot count based on the whole transaction rather than exercising their eBay given right to leave no feedback for the buyer?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Not to mention, was the listing accurate?

You can't get away with size 6 or size 12 any more, you need to include actual measurements that are known universally (imperial and metric) if you want to sell OS.

A UK size 6 may be a hell of a lot different from a US or Au size 6, the only fool proof way is to list actual measurements for a garment, as most good clothing sellers do.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

thanks greencat, after reading your post I thought I would actually do an eBay search for 'shapewear' so I could get an idea of exactly what shapewear is . . . . . and I must say I blushed when I saw the results!  OMG, my advice to the OP is to ask for a photo to show that the shapewear is too big and therefore loose on the buyer . . . . LOL

Spoiler
if the internet was around when I was a young lad I would have gone blind with shapewear items like this on eBay  shapewear 1.JPG
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Well............

there you go...........

Needless to say, not only would that not be too loose on moi, moi thinks she would be cut into shreds with all that tight fitting....stuff.

OP - was the buyer, by chance, Kate Moss ??

sir sales - knew I should not have opened that spolier

Spoiler
Capture.JPG

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply