AusPost Click & Send

If you don't feel like reading my story, my main question is: has anyone had touble with purchasing Click & Send labels via PayPal. 

On the login page, I get green ticks for everything except 'operating system'. Which actually states:

"Click and Send has been tested on following systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac Os X"

I have windows 8 on this laptop. Which was released in October of 2012. *******************  AusPost Heart

My story:

First of all, I had to fill out all the forms for the parcel about 4 times because the webpage kept coming up with an error saying something like "delivery address code required".

Well it finally went through (after doing everything exactly the same as I had done the previous 3 times, haha). And when prompted for payment/printing options, I selected the option to pay via PayPal.

I went through the PayPal checkout, then was returned to the AusPost website with an error page saying "this service is temporarily unavailable". I had also been logged out of my account.

I logged back in and tried to attempt the process again, but was unable to. A message popped up saying that "this user is already processing a request" or something like that. It was actually in broken english, like it had been translated from another language... I was required to wait 30 mins before being able to do anything with this 'item'. And only 40 mins before I have to leave for the post office, nice!!!

Sooooo I checked my PayPal account. The transaction had indeed gone through.

After waiting 30 minutes, nothing was available to print. The 'item' was no longer in my Click & Send shopping cart.

I decided to simply try it all again, and instead I selected the option for printing the label and paying in-store. Whatever, my priority of course, was customer satisfaction, so I figured I'll make a claim on PayPal when I get back.

This was 3 days ago. I made the claim on PayPal on the same day and still no reply from AusPost. I'm quite interested to see what happens..

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: AusPost Click & Send

Last time I used C&S I was on XP. Now I am on Win 7.

However, I rarely use C&S as eBay labelling is cheaper and as I pay FVF on either I choose to use the cheaper one for the same service.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I use C & S fairly often As eBay do not use kg Satchels I always pay with Paypal. About 5 or 6 times I have to edit the address because some buyers will have filled in their details wrong. ie. Jim Smith, 44 My Street, Croydon, Adelaide. SA 5008. Now this caused 90% of my problems because Adelaide And Croydon  in SA have Different Postcodes, I usually Edit Adelaide to Croydon and most times its ok. Another problem I found if the buyer places a Comma, Semi Colon or a Full Stop after their Name, Street Number, Suburb or Postcode it will also be rejected. Once I have edited the Address I them Pay with Paypal but first you have to select Pay Now Lodge Later then proceed to Payment.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Apart from the address details errors mentioned above introduced by buyers I've had no dramas with C&S.

I am using Win 7.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I rarely use click & send now but on the odd ocassion I do I have had no problems and I am running Windows 8.

In the past as soon as there appeared to be a problem I used to ring them, their help desk staff were always on the ball and things were sorted out very quickly.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I had that happen once a few months ago. I didn't open a claim, just put in a request for a refund with Australia Post. It took way longer than it should have, and I had to send a "what gives, Australia Post?" email after their quoted timeframe, but as soon as I sent that I was refunded.

I don't know how Australia Post will handle the claim, but as far as I know, intangible services are still not covered by buyer protection, so if PayPal are left to handle it you may not get the outcome you were looking for.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply