Auspost taking weeks to deliver domestic letters....Sales way down....

Auspost taking weeks to deliver domestic letters....

Last week after earlier refunding a nice customer, the letter then shows up after 28 days and it only went 40km.

Now i get 2 more today asking where there letters are after 2 weeks in the post, one 50km away and the other 15km.

Auspost has a recording saying there are delays but this is rediculous. There goes my top rating...

Ebay should send out a blanket email when this happens so people know.

And on top of that domestic sales are way down.... Did someone drop the ball......Usually so calm but getting really P#$%&** off now.

Its making selling here so not worth it.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Auspost taking weeks to deliver domestic letters....Sales way down....

I offer customers several postage options - untracked large letters or registered or express (both tracked).  95% choose untracked large letters as this is 1/2 the price. I am rapt when buyers choose tracked or buy in bulk as I can send with tracking.  My beef with Australia Post is only in the past two weeks as they advertise a service with delivery witin 6 days and it has taken 10-14 days.  I understand on occasions things go wrong but there is no explaination forthcoming which I can use to explain to my customers and to protect my business from eBay's defect system.  If Australia Post determined that its letter service would take 14 days, or if large leters was in fact for letters only (which is not the case and has never been the case), then I would not use it and probably close shop.

Message 41 of 73
Latest reply

I am up to 6 late now that customers have sent a message about and 1 of them has opened a case 😞

I asked on Ausposts FB page and the reply came back as "we are not aware of any delays" pfff. Obviously they dont have internal mail or ring themselves to get their own recorded message saying "we have delays and u can add up to another 3 days to your deliveries"

I know my PO people very well and one of them was waiting for parcels for over 3 weeks.Their Star Track delivery guy went looking and found them for her and said that there are just piles of mail sitting around everywhere with not enough people to sort them. This is just going from bad to worse.

Ebay would be fully aware of this problem but have done nothing to warn potential buyers yet like a banner on the landing page or something like. You would think they would take steps as it is after all their reputation on the line too....

Message 42 of 73
Latest reply

@legoaustralia wrote:

I know my PO people very well and one of them was waiting for parcels for over 3 weeks.Their Star Track delivery guy went looking and found them for her and said that there are just piles of mail sitting around everywhere with not enough people to sort them. This is just going from bad to worse.

Where is this StarTrack mail supposed to be sitting around unsorted?

Who is supposed to be sorting it?

Message 43 of 73
Latest reply

I have been getting about 3 emails a day for the past two weeks from customers saying their purchase has not arrived. Some are understanding and some are not and get a bit obusive. Thought I would check out the discussion boards to see if anyone is having the same problems or was it just me.  So I guess there is some small comfort in knowing it's not just me.

Ebay needs to change the anticipated postage times to reflect the new slower service, unless you pay priority of course, it's only fair to the customers, and less stress to the sellers, to give correct delivery timeframes.

Very disappointed in Australia Post

Message 44 of 73
Latest reply

@tradingaccount2 wrote:

OK, I may be the Devils Advocate here but I woiuld like to question the ongoing continuous attacks on AP.

When you talk about large letters are you actually talking about letters, or items/products being sent using the loophole of large letters? If the answer is yes, then, well what would you expect?

Your using a sytem that was buit and designed to send "LARGE LETTERS". Exactly that. Now, I know and I do too, have used the system and complied by sending products through the Large Letter facility.  I think its a bit rich for the complaints and attacks on AP when your using a facility to send products!

My selling account sends 20 to 30 articles a week, Large letters and Parcel Post. I NEVER NEVER get issues as they are all tracked, arrive well and truely ahead of time. I have a 2pm same day despatch. You order Monday generally NSW/Vic/QLD you will have by wed/thu, and im in north coast NSW/.

So maybe its time for alot in my opinion, to look at what and how they do send items, and ask the question, 1) Would my custiomers be happy to not track an item. 2) Am I using the right system to send products that Im selling around the country. 

For me LARGE LETTERS are for exactly that, LARGE LETTERS. 

Think outside the square!

I'm not sure I follow the logic behind this post.... Smiley Frustrated

Are you suggesting that what's inside a package that meets the specifications of 'Large letter', can and does have a bearing on how fast Australia Post should deliver it? And that if one sends something other than a letter (in the traditional sense) they should expect extended delays because.... well, I couldn't quite determine the 'why'.

True, Australia Post have two different systems for sorting letter mail. The first was designed primarily for small letters (small letters have more restrictions, can only be a max of 5mm thick, and are supposed to be flexible), but can also accomodate large letters if they're in paper envelopes and also flexible - i.e. their sorting machines.

Large letters that are in more rigid envelopes, thicker padded mailers and / or are not flexible are not sorted this way because they would damage the machine, and the packages, but that is the way it has been for years, with virtually no discernable difference in delivery times between small and large letters, maybe a day at most, until now.

That is much more suggestive of an Australia Post problem than a problem with what people are using 'Large Letters' to send. (And just to add a hypothetical, what if 'Large Letter' wasn't called large letter at all, but, say, 'small packet' instead, like a similar service some international postal service have, because like Aus Post, the contents aren't actually restricted to literally "letters" - don't restrict your thinking by what Aus Post call this service, or - as you said yourself - think outside the square, or rectangle as most letters tend to be that shape 😉 ). 

Message 45 of 73
Latest reply

I wish I knew what was going on.

You are being robbed .. the people running auspost want to make it as dysfunctional and expensive as possible so that they can more effectively lobby the government to break it up and sell bits off to their narcissistic overlord mates (usually via the American Chamber of Commerce networks) .. this is an example of Turnbull's new economy (in the Cayman Islands) where you allow robber barons to usurp all public utilities and turn the country into a personal moneybox for the big end of town to toy with until it is broken and then these demonic money grubs simply "invest" in another countries infrastructure and do the same thing there ..

Message 46 of 73
Latest reply

Just to add to what you've said, some of the slowest letters I've heard about are actually 'letters' (as in small).  

Message 47 of 73
Latest reply

@tradingaccount2 wrote:

OK, I may be the Devils Advocate here but I woiuld like to question the ongoing continuous attacks on AP.

When you talk about large letters are you actually talking about letters, or items/products being sent using the loophole of large letters? If the answer is yes, then, well what would you expect?

Your using a sytem that was buit and designed to send "LARGE LETTERS". Exactly that. Now, I know and I do too, have used the system and complied by sending products through the Large Letter facility.  I think its a bit rich for the complaints and attacks on AP when your using a facility to send products!

My selling account sends 20 to 30 articles a week, Large letters and Parcel Post. I NEVER NEVER get issues as they are all tracked, arrive well and truely ahead of time. I have a 2pm same day despatch. You order Monday generally NSW/Vic/QLD you will have by wed/thu, and im in north coast NSW/.

So maybe its time for alot in my opinion, to look at what and how they do send items, and ask the question, 1) Would my custiomers be happy to not track an item. 2) Am I using the right system to send products that Im selling around the country. 

For me LARGE LETTERS are for exactly that, LARGE LETTERS. 

Think outside the square!

As long as it is the same or under the thickness regs given by AP for a large letter, then its a large letter. Doesn't matter what the contents are. It AP want to dispute this fact, then they need to address it. Not just by simply NOT delivering the goods.

Yes to add tracking to a large letter may solve many issues, but for many eBay sellers, like myself, adding this extra cost just does not make it cost effective to do so. And we simply can't raise our prices or add a postage cost on our items to reflect this. The buyer will simply go to someone who is cheaper.

As for me since my last post. Three more missing large letter to add to the list. I have emailed AP kindly for a please explain. I doubt I will see any good outcome for this.  

I am at a loss on this really. I will now be letting my items that use this method of transit to run out and will be concentrating on importing larger items that require tracking etc etc.

Its a shame really, as a lot of items I carry, no one else does, but at the same time, I cannot add the extra cost on as they just would not sell at the given price.

Message 48 of 73
Latest reply

No point in feeding the troll - I can't think of any other reason why that person would argue about what they believe a large letter should contain, or the fact that they added yet another red mark to a third seller, keeping their total of 100.0% negative and/or neutral feedback sent.
Message 49 of 73
Latest reply

Hang in with your large letter items.  Not sure if it the same for you and others but my issue seems to be the week commencing 17 October 2016.  I have contacted buyers of 100 items I posted that week and most still have not arrived (except for international and express).  Since then I have increased my handling time and added priority stickers (50 cents out of pocket) and items are turning up seemingly OK if posted since 24 October.  Can't believe Australia Post can't find (or won't admit to finding) the problem.  At best I wll lose my top rated seller status on 20 November when all the late delivery defects kick in but they drop off after 3 months. 

Message 50 of 73
Latest reply