Aust Post 500 g Satchels - do they cover SELLER if lost in mail?

Can I just check, Aust Post offers minimal tracking on this service- the $8.25 service.

If the item goes astray and the buyer makes a claim having paid by paypal - is the seller covered - or wil paypal refund the buyer?

I thought paypal required a signature or registered post if the seller was to be covered?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No you are not covered.
If you can prove it was sent to buyers postcode you MAY have protection. Don't count on it though.
If you send normal parcel with SOD you are fully covered. I always fill out the lodgement receipt just to make sure then get the PO staff to stamp it.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Use click and send $7.15 and you are covered

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

QUOTING.....

Proof of shipment is documentation that clearly shows you have shipped the item to the buyerโ€™s address shown on the PayPal Transaction Details page.

This documentation must include:

1. The delivery address of the buyer (as shown on the PayPal transaction details page)
  2. The date the item was sent.
  3. An official acceptance of the item by the shipping company, such as a postmark or online status update. A status showing the item was delivered is also acceptable. .....UNQUOTE

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?articleID=FAQ2168&m=SRE

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have always been covered by PayPal with red satchels.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply