Aust Post tracking within eBay

Hi!

I have been using the eBay satchels for some time now, and the tracking feature in eBay never seems to work.

I pay with click and send, so the tracking number is automatically sent to eBay. When I click on it, it opens the Postage Details box (which has the tracking #, carrier, and status bar), but the status bar never displays anything, even after the item has been delivered.

If I cut and paste the tracking # to the Aust Post website it is fine, but nothing within eBay.

Is this the same with everyone else?

Steven.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Aust Post tracking within eBay

Some browsers (depending on version and their user settings) seem to work better than others.

I can not access correct links to tracking progress on ebay via firefox - which is my browser of choice.

However I can on IE with a couple of extra clicks.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

In firefox i hover the mouse over and click on the tracking number again when the "no events ebay screen" comes up and you are redirected to the AP tracking site and the  tracking detail is normally there

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

if you are referring to the click and send numbers automatically being loaded against the order details and you are the seller, this has been happening for some time now - all you can see is the date - ebay help assures me that the buyer can see the tracking number.   😞

previous posts:-

I wrote to ebay and got the following message on 1 March

Thank you for contacting eBay.

The link with the “Posted Date” is a new design. It is supposed to be a clickable link which will open a pop-up window that will provide the tracking details. However, this seem to be not working at this time.  This has already been escalated to our Technical Team so they can fix this and make this work as it should.

When I checked on some of your buyers,  where you have uploaded the tracking, I am able to see that the tracking number is visible on their end.

We do apologize for the inconvenience,   Rest assured that we are already working on this to make sure it will function as designed.

Thank you for your patience and have a lovely day!  Warm regards, 

Christy Do D.   eBay Customer Support

I asked again on 4 March

Our Technical Team are still currently working on this issue and rest assured that we will do our best to sort this out as soon as possible. I will be updating you regarding  this once I receive a response from our Technical Team.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

For me the tracking number link used to go direct to AP site, now, and has been teh case for a long while, it just goes to Ebays order page. So I have to cut and paste tracking number on AP site manually. I use Google chrome.. Maybe some redirection blocker in the browser possibly?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

This particular function has never worked for me either. 

I use Chrome and Firefox.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

In firefox i hover the mouse over and click on the tracking number again when the "no events ebay screen" comes up and you are redirected to the AP tracking site and the  tracking detail is normally there

Yeah, if I want to check tracking, I just click on the number via My eBay Sold items and then click on the tracking number to the right of "Tracking #:" which then takes me to the AusPost website which usually shows the tracking. eBay does state that tracking info may be transmitted with a delay so it's easy to just click on the ID and check it out at the AusPost website.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply