Australia Post Delivers to Wrong Address

This could have resulted in a lost postal item but due to the honesty of a good person did not.

We sent out a $12 item by regular mail (untracked) just before easter.

Today we received an email from a person to say she had received a package for a person who does not reside at her address.

The address we mailed to was U6 / 53-55 "A" Street, Hunters Hill

The recipient said she lives at U6 / 53-55 "B" Street, Hunters Hill.

Same Unit/Street number wrong street name.

Quick look on Google maps showed the two near identical addresses only about 150-metres apart.

I contacted the buyer about it who had not yet contacted us about a missing item.

She was very friendly about it and since it was not far away said she would be happy to go and retrieve it.

The recipient said its OK she will take a walk around and hand deliver it in person.

Fortunately I had a contact info (advertising) sheet included inside the envelope. The recipient had opened it up and found this so that is how she was able to make contact with us by email.

How good are some people hey?

I thanked her profusely and offered her to take a look on our web site and choose a free item for her honesty and efforts.

Just shows how closely AP posties read the address labels. Near enuff is good enuff.

Good outcome in the end. But could just as easily have turned out very badly.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

some things are just meant to be....you may have secured yourself a brand new customer 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

thats a great story , strange that could happen by an aus post employee        have a lovely day

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

some things are just meant to be....you may have secured yourself a brand new customer 🙂
Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

thats a great story , strange that could happen by an aus post employee        have a lovely day

Geez Joe, give it a rest, you're like a rabid dog. Not everything is about you you know.

Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

some people dont like the truth

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

some people dont like the truth

Well, given I have NEVER had an item lost in the post, tracked or otherwise, my local posties do a great job, as do the parcel delivery guys, they wait for me to get out of bed if they come early and I've worked late, my postie always brings small parcels to my door, why would I complain about them?

Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

i think you have been living in the country for too long , maybe over there its diferent but in the suburbs posties are fast that they dont even read the numbers correctly , i live at number 5     ,  would you like to know how many times we get 55 s letters in our mail box  and even when you get a parcel , as soon as the doorbell rings if you can get to the door in time ,if you are lucky the van is still in your driveway.   country service is a lot better   for sure.

Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

Joe - whether it be Australia Post or couriers misdeliveries happen occasionally.

Several times I have had couriers deliver to my business other businesses orders and on several occasions couriers have misdelivered my orders and had to go and retrieve them for me. The last one that went missing ended up in Qld and it was coming from just down the road from me in WA.

Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

you are correct but every day in the newspaper you see  AP complaints , , if you are not in a hurry ap is alright .  but these days as you would know in business ,people want there order yesterday.

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

Dunno what newspaper you read, but I read the paper every day and I can't say I see complaints about Australia Post "every day". I read both the print paper and the online news and I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a story about AP. You're just looking for reasons to bag them out and making it up as you go. That seems to be your MO with everything it seems.

Message 10 of 49
Latest reply