Australia Post Delivery Times - 'Click & Wait'

We have been using Click & Send for several months now and what a dreadful interface it is.  The old Java version although clunky was very reliable and it worked quickly and efficiently.  I have used several online postal services in other countries and they win hands down over Click & Send.

Has anyone actually counted how many mouse clicks you now need to perform to create one label ?  Totally ludicrous ?

However that is not my main gripe here.  We use 500g and 3kg eBay satchels and recently we have noticed longer delivery times to interstate buyers for 3kg shipments.  Our goods are not classified as 'Dangerous' so can go by air, we sign the Aviation Authority on the label and lodge in a nearby red street Post box which is emptied daily.  Here are some delivery time frames:

Sydney - Perth 8 days

Sydney - Brisbane 10 days

Sydney - Townsville 12 days

The Australia Post website quotes:

Perth - 4-5 days

Brisbane - 3 days

Townsville - 3-4 days

Looking at the estimated delivery times against the actual delivery times I am now of the impression that Australia Post appears to be treating eBay satchels as 'Second Class Mail' and anything over 500g goes by truck.

Maybe this is the price we pay for receiving the miserly Click & Send discount ?

Our relationship with Australia Post could be winding down soon, we have contacted a national courier company who have quoted us superior delivery times to Australia Post, for less money and with better tracking facilities.

I would be interested to hear other sellers experiences and whether they are of the same opinion of ourselves.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Regular mail usually goes by truck and not by air so it is nothing to do with the ebay satchels.

It is express post which is sent by air.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

It's something that I've noticed as well. While I haven't seen the extremes that you have, C&S parcels are taking 1-2 days longer than "ordinary" parcels for me in recent week. Almost without exception the following timeframes have been -

Sunshine Coast to Brisbane. Next day for normal, 2 days for C&S.

Sunshine Coast to Sydney. 2 days for normal, 3-4 days for C&S.

It has admittedly not been a large sample size, perhaps 30 parcels or something but there is little question that my C&S parcels are slower than non C&S in recent times (was never a discrepancy, that I noticed anyway, prior to the past month or two).

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I use C&S and I am getting parcel delivered within 2 or 3 days from SA to QLD 4 days SA to WA.

Maybe it is the PO used that is slow in depatching them.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I would be wary of using couriers. There can be issues if the buyer isn't home to accept delivery.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Hey offroad7400,

jensmanchester pretty much said it all.

Thanks for that,

-Rory 

Australia Post eBay Team

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Rory - an appearance on the powersellers board in a thread to do with some missing international parcels, would be welcome if you could add any value regarding the matter.  Thank you.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Dear Mr AustraliaPoststore,

If you think these times are acceptable then you must be living in a third world country ?

Sydney - Perth 8 days

Sydney - Brisbane 10 days

Sydney - Townsville 12 days

I could row a boat from Sydney to Brisbane quicker than Australia Post could deliver a parcel !

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

It'samazing that post within Australia takes 10 working days to get from Sydney to Brisbane?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@lvanden4 wrote:

It's amazing that post within Australia takes 10 working days to get from Sydney to Brisbane?

What's more amazing is that someone would drag up a 9 YEAR OLD thread to add nothing to it.......

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply