Australia Post Long Ship Times

Is anyone else having longer than usual delievery times for parcels? At least an extra day or 2 over what I would normally experience. Both sending and recieving.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Australia Post Long Ship Times

Receiving, no. I only check my PO box weekly. If it isn't there this week it will be there next week.

I don't check sending as I always send (with lodgement receipt) within my handling time.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Me too, however the parcels arent arriving within the expected time. Has happened a few times within the past couple of weeks.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I haven't noticed any difference at all , desite the hysteria , business as usual for me . ?

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@key_mart_au wrote:

Is anyone else having longer than usual delievery times for parcels? At least an extra day or 2 over what I would normally experience. Both sending and recieving.

Receiving, no problems. Deliveries, all arriving before the first estimate date. The item that showed as delivered today had an estimate of 5-12 April.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@key_mart_au wrote:

Yes.

Sending parcels its taking 2-3 days to leave Melbourne to go interstate. 

Parcels coming to me from east coast taking a 1-2 days longer to arrive.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Parcel delivery for the past two weeks has been horrendouse. Interstate express which is in the next day delivery network is taking an extra day. Standard delivery is taking an extra two to three days. Just had an express item take 8 days, and item was in next day delivery network.

You can't get onto Aust Post phone line unless your prepared to sit and wait for an hour, their facebook page is inundated with complaints of late delivery or non delivery.

Tracking on all late parcels show

Delivery was estimated for Fri 1 Apr

Still waiting? Over 90% of late items arrive within 3 business days of their estimated delivery date.

The service has definitely dropped,, nothing you can do except increase handling time.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I had a parcel sent from Melbourne on March 18th that arrived last Friday (the 1st April) (I am in NSW)

I am waiting on two other parcels , One sent March 25th and the other ,well, it was sent in January so I've given up on that (AP 'can't track it', some lame bs excuse) 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

The same happened to me I sent a parcel from NSW to Melbourne, it took 7 days. I ship plants and they did not survive this! I will probably have to resend. I will complain at the local post office.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I had a parcel sent from Adelaide to Canberra last Wednesday that arrived on Monday. one from Melbourne on Wednesday arrived on Friday.

I wouldn't have cared if they didn't arrive until next week, as I would NEVER buy time sensitive stuff online. But I would have no complaints about those two even if I was a worrier.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply