Australia Post MyPost discount

Australia Post MyPost web site has being having issues the last 3 afternoons,  meaning I had to take my parcels down to get labels,   the first 2 days I just did it and didnt get my normal discount., which add's up over 6 to 10 parcels.  

But today the friendly lady who knows me said do you have the app,   she scanned the QR code from  the app, and I got my discounts.

So if you werent aware (as I wasn't),   you can still get your discounts if you buy labels over the counter.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks. I just kept the email with the QR code.

I had issues on Wednesday around lunchtime, but tried again about 15 minutes later and everything worked.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Three days running now and still off line 6 hours later.  Funny that, just before the price rise too ?  Their FB Business page is ON FIRE with many disgruntled users claiming it might be to slow down the in flow back log like the halting of eCommerce pick ups for several days.

I would of thought after over a year of pandemic, their business should of adapted to emergency situations much quicker.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Its back online atm.   Very frustrating yesterday.  We just completed all labels & payments this morning before price increase on Monday comes into effect.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:

I would of thought after over a year of pandemic, their business should of adapted to emergency situations much quicker.

They are not only having Christmas time volumes of packages, but they also have over 500 staff in isolation.

Not sure if any business could adapt to 500 staff disappearing over night, pandemic or no pandemic.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:

Three days running now and still off line 6 hours later.  Funny that, just before the price rise too ? 

And just for the conspiracy theorist in you,  I can assure you this has nothing to do with them delaying for the price rise as your implication is.

There are IT techs running around like crazy trying to solve the issues.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

So how can Australia Post get away with an IT glitch lasting 3 days, yet a bank gets crucified when they go down for 1 hour ?  Not good enough,  MyPost Business has been a dogs breakfast for well over a year pre-pandemic.

Not Rocket Science to run a platform that takes your money and prints a simple label.

Australia Post closed their Community Forum last year, their only relevant communication line directly addressing customer needs, feedback, suggestions and complaints.  It was staffed by a bunch of responsible people who really helped to pin point issues and escalate ideas to the right departments.  The Small Business thread was full of helpful and knowledgable customers happy to help others just like here.   All gone.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

A couple of other things that might come in handy...

If you find it easier to purchase pre-paid satchels for use when MP is down, get your QR code scanned when you buy, pre-paid satchels count towards your volume. In fact, if you have just joined MP, you can buy enough pre-paid satchels to almost immediately access high-tier discounts, if you have the funds, and can use them all while maintaining volume etc. Otherwise, ask at your PO if they have any promotional application forms available for My Post, some of them will give you a form that provides access to band 3 discounts straight away (I can't remember how long for, it's either 1 month or 3 months 😳 )

AP have an online customs declaration form, which is a completely different system and has been working fine when MP isn't - it takes twice as long as creating an international label through My Post, because sender data isn't saved between creating labels, but it's still quicker than trying to organise international postage from scratch at the PO, as you can print out a shipping label sans the barcodes, but it has a QR code that they scan and all details become pre-filled. (The full form actually gets printed out at the PO, so you don't even have to print it out yourself, just take in the QR code for each label you create).

https://auspost.com.au/prepare-customs-declaration

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I wasnt aware of the prepaid satchels,  I dont use them often, but just bought 10 for stock last week,  I'll keep that in mind for next time.

When my LPO signed me up on the spot when I first went to mypost, it was band 3 for 3 months, 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:

So how can Australia Post get away with an IT glitch lasting 3 days, yet a bank gets crucified when they go down for 1 hour ? 

LOL,  when a bank goes down it affects every business that uses that bank, every customer that tries to do a transaction in a store or online,  We are talking millions of customers, and even more transactions, whereas MyPost would be a drop in the ocean in comparison.

I think you are comparing Apples with oranges

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply