Australia Post Parcel Insurance

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed Aust. Post parcel insurance is a waste of money when selling on ebay. If an item is broken during shipment the buyer must make the claim by taking the broken item and parcel to the nearest post office. If the buyer doesn't want to do this and reports to ebay then you are fully responsible to reimburse the buyer.  If you are a seller and you have successfully claimed compensation for a broken item thru Australia Post, drop me a comment. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

For breakages you are very unlikely to get compensation unless you can prove you packed the item to withstand a 20Kg weight dropped on it from waist height.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Padi's right.

Simply put, pack it better - double box it if you have to.

Rarely will you win with APost.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Ah do you really expect Australia Post to pay the insurance if someone doesnt take it back to them to show and prove that AP broke it.

Plus if you pack it right it won't break

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

It is worse for business sellers as you need your own insurance as Aust Post only cover you for what you paid for the item not what you sold it for.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

I understand the OP's frustration, but I can also understand that buyers are not always able to go to the post office.

People buy online for a reason. Some buyers don't even drive a car. Some work full time and cannot take a couple of hours off their work just to go to the post office with the broken item. At the end of the day, it could cost them more than the refund if it is a relatively cheap item.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Except when they run it over with a forklift

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply