Parcels local 

international letters

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Australia Post Price Increase

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Nothing surprising there.....increases happen twice a year.

The only questions each time are what will increase and by how much?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Parcel deliveries are now going to be delivered in the evening so there's an increase there.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

website doesn't help, will try their facebook page for info...

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

typical I got this reply, fat lot of use announcing on the day it takes effect!!!!

We'll be announcing October pricing changes from Monday next week.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for the warning!

They didn't increase the local parcel prices in May so I was expecting something like this.

I got an email from eBay promoting selling into New Zealand and getting cheaper parcel rates through the company ADSone.  They come in several dollars under AP and include tracking, so I have contacted them for a price sheet for other countries to see if they can better what AP is offering.  Might be good for domestic deliveries but we'll see.  My #1 market is the US right now.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

No parcel rates to hand yet but overseas letters as follows

New Rates to 500g for letters below for Overseas Below.

Australia to New Zealand  Up to 50g AU $1.95, Asia/Pacific up to 50g AU $2.10, Rest Of World up to 50g AU - $2.95

Australia to New Zealand 50g to 250g AU $5.35, Asia /Pacific 50g up to 250g AU $5.75, Rest Of World  50g to 250g -  AU $8.00

Australia to New Zealand Up to 250g to 500g AU $10.75 Asia/Pacific 250g up to 500g AU$ 13.00, 250g to 500g Rest Of World AU - $18.00.

Australian Parcel rates not available at present but Small up to 500g will increase by an average 2%, Parcels 500g to 22kg will average 2.7% more.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

doh I'm a month ahead of myself...

they said info will be on their website from this monday. (doesn't take effect until 3 oct)

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I was expecting an increase to international letter prices. They couldn't get everyone to use parcels earlier in the year, and it's been over a year since they went up.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Only a 2% increase? Doesn't sound right for Parcel Post (domestic), as that would be less than the previous increase (basic parcel rate went from $7.20 to $7.45, 25c). To be honest, I was actually expecting all doom and gloom and ten dollar parcels when I saw this topic, but if it's only going to go by the CPI rate or whatever, that's fine with me (of course, a cheaper 0-250g parcel rate of around $5 would be fine with me too, but I don't run the company).
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply