Australia Post Registered Mail

Hi All

Over the last 4 or 5 weeks I have sent about 8 Registered Letters, Now Quote me if I am Wrong..Registered Mail is supposed to be Trackable From Point A to Point B. Every Registered Letter That I have sent in this period does not show tracking information untill it is delivered, on Australia Post Website. It will show Received By Australia Post at ******** SA and nothing until it is delivered. We are paying for a service which Australia Post are not supplying. If a letter is sent registered it should be trackable through each outlet it arrives at. We are paying for that service are we not?

Paddy

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

A SOD parcel usually has incremental tracking as long as it is lodged over the counter at the PO but I do not think I have ever seen that on registered letters. They go through a different type of delivery service and I doubt if they are scanned at any point on their journey. Tracking showing delivery is all you need and that you are getting.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

you should ask your post office staff about the various ways to send your items and use that as guide to which way is best for you.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

I recently had a regular Parcel Post item sent pretty much without any tracking beyond the post office - item lodged at PO shown on tracking (VIC), scanned once at the buyer's local PO (NSW), and that was it. Buyer was nice enough to verify they received the item and left positive feedback. The item still says it's "in transit" today, 20 days later.

You are right, what are we paying for? Parcel rates should also be half that, especially if they are closer to zero grams than 500 and are a dee's bick over the 20 millimetres that the letter gauge dictates. Especially for media-based items such as hard cover books, games and VHS videos which are too thick for said letter gauge (not to mention, just about every other country on the planet has the letter gauge at 25mm, or 1 inch, with the exception of the USPS which is 3/4" or roughly 19 millimetres). It costs around $8 (or was it ยฃ4 or something) to send a Super Nintendo cartridge from the UK to Australia (Royal Mail, large letter, no tracking), but close to $30 to send one the other way due to the >20mm = 2kg parcel rule.
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

A SOD parcel usually has incremental tracking as long as it is lodged over the counter at the PO but I do not think I have ever seen that on registered letters. They go through a different type of delivery service and I doubt if they are scanned at any point on their journey. Tracking showing delivery is all you need and that you are getting.

Tracking is tracking the item you send from Point A To Point B. Why are we paying $3.80 To Register a letter and you cannot track it from AP Web Site, Something is not right.

Tracking showing delivery is all you need and that you are getting.

This might be true but if you are sending expensive items you should be able to see where it is at at all times I just sent another Registered Letter Value $65.00 See how this ones goes. I HATE AP

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

@southaustraliacardshop wrote:

Now Quote me if I am Wrong..Registered Mail is supposed to be Trackable From Point A to Point B. service are we not?

Sorry, but you are wrong... ๐Ÿ˜›  Registered post is not sold as a trackable service (even though it usually is). What you are paying for is signature on delivery and insurance (up to $100).

On a parcel, that costs $4.45 

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Registered post is now promoted by Australia Post on their website as trackable with online tracking (with the caveat that this may not be available in some remote or regional areas.

New Picture.jpg

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Registered post is now promoted by Australia Post on their website as trackable with online tracking (with the caveat that this may not be available in some remote or regional areas.

So it is... 

In that case, since I can't edit my previous post now, I'll amend it to, "You're not wrong" (and I am :D). 

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

No worries DG ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

You beat me to it Digi....

Registered mail gives Proof of Posting if lodged over the counter and Proof of Delivery (signature) with both of these being online trackable in most instances.  It does not track items every step of the journey.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply