Australia Post have Stuffed Up Big Time and Are Telling No-one

Australia Post media release which brags about their upgrade to Sorting Facilities in NSW and Victoria.

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/sydney-parcel-facility-upgrade.html

After querying with my E-parcel Rep yesterday about delays in delivering my items, he actually informed me that the upgrade did not work. The intention was to go from 9,000 items processed to 27,000, unfortunately their sorting machines packed up and for two weeks they have been working on a manual sorting system. This mainly effects Victoria, NSW and Queensland.

So if you are having delivery issues, keep this in mind. He believes the problem will be sorted within the next week.

He also said that the Big Wigs at Australia Post will not allow any media release on this issue.

Here come the defects.....

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That may explain why we have had items "in Transit" for over 3 weeks !

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I've had items leave here go to the Brisbane sorting centre and take 6 days to leave there. Pointed out to me by more than one person. When I queried this with my Australia Post account manager I was told ' we will look into it". Heard zero since.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@zzrmags wrote:

That may explain why we have had items "in Transit" for over 3 weeks !

So don't we all think it about time eBay pulled out the proverbial finger & gave up on their so called projected delivery times.

They cannot even get their own site sorted let alone Aust. Post.

Talk about want to take over the world & fail very, very well at it.

How dare they even attempt it  - THEN JUDGE US.

CONTROL FREAKS (said in a whisper )

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

No wonder a few of my purchases have taken longer than expected.

Well said Helen. I Can't understand why ebay tries to control postage - IMHO, they have maybe "raised" expectations of the buyers and the sellers "cop it" when it doesn't happen. I work on Sydney to Melb 2 days for good and anything up to 4 / 5 days, especially if outside Sydney main area. The disparity comes particularly if whereever you are sending it (or it is being sent from) is OFF the main beaten track. ie Wagga Wagga is a good example.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Express post to Queensland 12 days.

Regular Post from Queensland 18 days.

Express Post to NSW  7 days.

This is just pathetic.

Half my items tracking is showing as in transit even though I have received feedback from buyers.

I spend an hour every day now checking tracking just so I can know what my potential problems are.

Australia Post need to tell the truth about their delivery times, and ebay needs to remove defects when the seller can prove despatch within the timeframes listed in their ads.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply