Australia Post international postage big changes

Apparently, Australia Post are going to bring in some significant changes to international postage towards the end of the month but I havent seen anything in print yet. Has anyone here heard of the changes - eg Pack and Track under a new name, etc

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Australia Post international postage big changes

Here is the link to schedule 31 outlining the new fascist rules about large letters overseas....

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/Schedule-31-0416.pdf

Message 71 of 78
Latest reply

I am out of pocket $10 from 2 O/S posts yesterday

Message 72 of 78
Latest reply

Australia Post Hey Natalie,

The Social Media team here at Australia Post provided feedback to management about this issue which has resulted in a reversal of the changes to the letter services whereby duty payable items (merchandise) would not be permitted.

If you did send such an item paying the higher (parcel) rate, I recommend you lodge a complaint through our website, http://auspo.st/ap-help. Once you receive the confirmation email, reply to it with a clear image of your postage receipt/s and then let me know the case number you are allocated. In this instance we are able to provide a refund of the difference between the letter rate and the parcel rate in applicable situations.

Regards,

Nathan

this is from Aust Post facebook, so maybe try claiming

Message 73 of 78
Latest reply

This problem is still going on and It's August 2016......Got reply from Ebay copy below

Hello Ian,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Ian, I understand your point here and as we were not updated by AusPost in regards to their changes we are making the changes from our end as soon as possible to coincide with the AusPost charges through the postage calculator. For now, it would be best if you communicate with the buyer to let them know and send a revised invoice with the correct postage cost.

Thank you for understanding and we apologise for the inconvenience on this.

Kind regards,

Beverly M.

eBay Customer Support

Ebay YOU LIE

Message 74 of 78
Latest reply

Below is what Ebay is telling me. They have also advised to "estimate" the cost of shipping as a "work around" and to then contact them to adjust the customer invoice. Not very practical on hundreds of listings.

• I apologise for the incorrect cost being provided to your buyer when purchasing an item from you. This is because there are some postage services that has not been integrated yet to the eBay system from the last update that Auspost had made. Since Auspost was not able to provide us the correct data or information we can enter to the database thus the reason why the cost is not correct from our end.

Also from Ebay

• "Rest assured that we already have forwarded this to our technical team because we already have receive similar reports from other members."

And finally a promise to give me an update which was 2.5 weeks ago...

• We'll be sending you a follow-up again within 24-72 hours.

Message 75 of 78
Latest reply

And this Saga is still going on in August 2018.... Having nothing but Lies and Rude and Unprofessional Customer Service Staff at Ebay... If We were to do this We would be Banned ... Shame Ebay SHAME...

Message 76 of 78
Latest reply

I sent a cd to the US for $23.72, not the $15.85 that ebay quoted to my buyer.

Shattered!

Message 77 of 78
Latest reply

As the bumper pointed out, this has been happening for 2 years.

Don't rely on eBay to calculate your prices - work it out yourself and use flat rate.

Message 78 of 78
Latest reply