Australia Post parcel price rise from 5 September 2022

Summary:

Effective from 5 September 2022, we will be applying the following weighted average increases to the price of the products and services set out below:

• 4.5% for Domestic Parcel services
  • 4.8% for International Parcel services
  • 3.5% for International Letter services
  • 3.0% for Unaddressed Mail services and
  • 2.5% - 2.9% for some Prepaid Letter products

Full post:

https://view.email.auspost.com.au/?qs=8339622e16983f00e46fce32da5a0c7b4408bf9210c595a97355ad929131b4...

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Australia Post parcel price rise from 5 September 2022

Can't help. I use prepaid C4 and C5 envelopes. They are not going up by much, and are good for 500g. eg the C5 is going up to $2.85 in singles, so it might pay to switch to them.

I suspect you are looking at the wrong bit - letters are flat rate country-wide AFAIK.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

House prices are falling lol.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@gumardee_coins_and_banknotes wrote:

House prices are falling lol.

Not in Perth.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

thank god ebay has restricted my selling account. Its hard enough as it is and gonna get worse if inflation worsens and we head for a recession. As a seller which my activity is very limited I only charge what it costs to make it more attractive to purchase.  As a buyer I purchase majority overseas for collectables mostly privately but some on ebay . I purchase o/seas due to due to volume, variety and condition although postage is higher, if i use ebay there is the GST added ( none privately up $1000 ), the increases by Aust post make it even more attractive. What is worse on numerous occasions (definitely not always) I have received items from overseas before receiving an item from Australia Post that has come east coast to West Aust.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply