Australia Post seem to be doing quite well with delivery times.

Australia Post seem to be doing quite well with delivery times this christmas. I have had a few orders now that have made it from QLD to NSW in just 3 days (usually I think it is 4 days). I am in a regional area but it doesn't seem to make much difference to outgoing mail, or at most one extra day.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

One day last week I went to the big streetside Posting Boxes (2 of them)  outside our local (town) Post Office and they were both full to the roof. The PO staff had put a notice on them saying "Please don't try and put any more mail in the boxes, bring your mail into the Post Office"

I have never seen that before. One of the posting boxes was full the week before, but the other one had room.

The PO staff said they had never seen them both full before either. They had a drop box on the counter (med size plastic container) and said they had to keep emptying that as well.

The postal sorters are doing well if they can mostly keep up with that level of mail.

I am in a regional area too, but close enough for the mail to be taken to Sydney after 5pm and ready for delivery early next morning.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

We sent an item yesterday as a large letter thru our local red street box from Caboolture to Mundoolun which is kind of rural out towards Toowoomba way. She received in under 24-hours from us dropping it in our local red box. Ad quick ad express but with only 2 stamps. Quite impressive for this time of year really.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

maybe they want to deliver the letters quicker this year in case people decide not to send them next year. Then they will up the price for letters and parcels.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

or they are going overboard and say it cost to much, and then up the price

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I had a 5kg satchel posted in Adelaide last Friday delivered on Tuesday morning.  Normally it would be at least Wednesday but probably Thursday.

A small parcel posted in Denmark on the 11th arrived on the 19th.....good in anybody's language.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Isn't a 5kg Satchel express post ?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

No aps, not this one.  And even if it was the seller is not in an Express Post zone, although I am.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply