Australia Post tracking havent received item

i recenetly posted my first parel containting about $100 of stuff inside in a streetside postbox. I printed out the 500g Ebay $7.15 label and stuck this to my own a4 padded bag. I posted this yesterday morning and when looking at the tracking the only status is that postage information has been received by Australia Post.

Is this normal should I have seen an update in tracking yet? Im really worried

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Australia Post tracking havent received item

From experience, parcels posted in red boxes don't get scanned until they reach the destination PO or mail centre.

Some people may have different experiences, but I have NEVER had tracking show for a red box parcel.  That is why I no longer post that way, I take all parcels to the PO.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The parcel may not be scanned until it is ready to be delivered....the contractor who picks it up should scan it at the delivery centre and then again when he delivers it to the customer.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

For an item worth $100, I definitely would have registered it... The postie might leave it at the door, never to be seen again~ I register everything over $40, Australia Post have lost hundreds of dollars of my items, that had tracking, and I got nothing but postage costs back

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You cannot register a parcel now....that is only for letters.

The equivalent for parcels is Signature on Delivery and Insurance if the value of the item warrants it.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

For a start you are only supposed to use the eBay 500g label with an eBay 500g satchel, so AP may not deliver it if somebody looks at the label.

If the parcel doesn't get scanned at some point, you will lose any dispute as you don't have proof of postage.

I would have used the correct satchel (or own packaging @ $7.50) and insured it. It only costs $1.50/$100.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply