Australia post charging for underpaid postage

I use Click and Save for postage but Australia Post just sent me an invoice for underpaid postage. I am very careful with weight and size. No information on the variation invoice but just saying 22 parcels underpaid. I called and they can't give me details of what was underpaid but said a debt collector will be on my case if I don't pay. Has anyone worked out how to get details from Australia Post on post payment variations.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Australia post charging for underpaid postage

Hi am*3,

You say that AP staff sometimes weigh, other times not. Do you get a lodgement receipt??

I noticed some time ago that they HAD to weigh item ( as one step in the sequence to produce a receipt )

Beforehand, they just used to scan barcode,type in the satchel size,respond to a couple of questions on the screen, and print docket

At the time my PO lady said it was a new procedure and I remember thinking at the time - I wonder if it's to combat people cramming 510g into a 500g satchel etc

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

They very rarely weigh mine when taking in any type of prepaid satchel and I get a lodgement reciept if one is available. I concider that as an exceptance of the weight and cost. Just as when they frank a large letter, which they never usually weigh either.

They do sometimes check (weight and thickness) if I need to register something though. I always pay the correct postage and I guess they got sick of weighing everything.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

At least if they send in the debt collectors you will get a fully itemised account of what you owe....and it is supposed to be registered with the courts.  AP can not get away with just saying "you owe us $xxx, pay up or else."

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

@alicudiave wrote:

Thanks all yes I did mean Ckick and Send. 

Is it too much to expect that Aussie post would provide details of why they are charging me extra so I can work on the variation.

Or is this the new world where supplier just tell you to pay without any breakdown. Not the level of customer service I expect.

In answer to this question, yes they do. They can not just state 'XX" parcels were short paid whithout providing an itemised breakdown of which parcels any more than you could claim a 'parcel you sent some time has gone missing".

Take the notice you received to AP and ask them to sort it out while you are there or at the least advise you who to contact to sort it.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

@ausflylady wrote:

how much  was your bill ?  

thank you

This is relevant ... how ??

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

I would say very relevent if you look at OPs  feedback for the month it would mean nearly every parcel was underpaid. Unlucky ?

Australia Post , just like every other business  in the real world , does not refer unpaid accounts to debt collectors unless there has been other actions taken.  An account would be issued ..... overdue notice  etc etc......Absolutely ridiculous to suggest that this is the way the account is being handled.

I merely asked as I thought the whole issue  was a bit light on facts.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

That's why I don't use Click and Send, don't want to be found.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Heiner - Yes, I always get a lodgement receipt for prepaid parcels whether they have been weighed or not by the PO staff.
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Yes ... some more info would be useful .....

Perhaps he is caught up in this issue?

Australia Post / eBay products

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply