Australia post not recognised carrier for ebay au?

Paypal has suddenly decided that I need to wait 21 days to access my money, despite no problems. I maybe can access sooner if I leave tracking number etc, but ebay keeps telling me that aus post isn't a carrier it recognises ?ugh!
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you are manually entering your tracking number, just type Au in the carrier box and a list should drop down and Australia Post is top of the list.  If you are typing the whole hing in as Aus post, the system will not recognise it because the name is Australia Post.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

If you are manually entering your tracking number, just type Au in the carrier box and a list should drop down and Australia Post is top of the list.  If you are typing the whole hing in as Aus post, the system will not recognise it because the name is Australia Post.

You can't manually type in to that box, you can only select one of the options in the dropdown. Uploading a tracking number makes absolutely no difference. Not does the tracking number showing as delivered. Nor does getting positive feedback from the buyer. It stays frozen for 21 days and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Quote: "You can't manually type in to that box, you can only select one of the options in the dropdown. Uploading a tracking number makes absolutely no difference. Not does the tracking number showing as delivered. Nor does getting positive feedback from the buyer. It stays frozen for 21 days and there's nothing anyone can do about it."

==========

Like Pennyforum, if I type in the carrier box when putting in the tracking number, I get a list of all carriers starting with that letter or letters. I am amazed by how many of them are there, even though I only use Australia Post for Ebay sales. I can definitely type into the carrier's box during that process, and don't get a drop down box as such - I use Internet Explorer.

What is the legal justification (or even moral justification) for PayPal freezing funds after the buyer has clearly received their product and expressed satisfaction with it?

Kevin

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Paypal policy, ebay policy ( which you agree to if you use their service)

I posted the policies in this thread earlier today if you or the OP want to read the terms & conditions.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Payment-Being-Held-Recommendations-for-Other-Venues/td-p/163...

I think it is a very ill thought out idea, this holding new sellers payment for up to 21 days.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, you can type in that box, but you can still only select one of the carriers in the drop down. You can't put in free text like Aus Post or AP, you can only use what's in the drop down.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Okay, I get the point Aus post instead of the recognised Australia Post.

Apologies,  Kevin

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply