Australian Customs holding onto Ebay items being sent overseas.

Hi, is anyone aware of Australian Customs holding onto items being sent overseas?  Have a buyer in Italy who has not received the item and now states that it is being held by Australian Customs.  I was assuming that it would be Customs at the buyers end and not mine.  To date I have not received any notification from Austrlain Customs.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did you send it with tracking?

And was it a mobile phone?

If so then

Mobile phones are restricted items. This means that you may be able to send your phone or tablet by international courier service, but you will need to meet certain conditions to ensure that your device is not counted as dangerous or hazardous.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Off topic, but you may well be losing bidders by having your items as "private listings" as many members when they see that are aware that listing that way is used by some sellers to attempt to mask shill bidding.

The original intention for using "private listings" was for high-priced items or those of a personal nature (lingerie etc).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Spot on padi, I never bid or buy from a seller that has Private listings.  as you say maybe masking who is bidding 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@robboscoke wrote:

Spot on padi, I never bid or buy from a seller that has Private listings.  as you say maybe masking who is bidding 

Neither do I.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is a mobile phone it is more likely being held by Australia Post, not Customs.

Did you fill in the Customs Declaration?   I am surprised that it was even accepted by AP......their rules are very specific about posting mobile devices.  You should have had a letter from whoever is holding your item....was there a return address on the parcel?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply