Automatic relists for auctions.

Hi everyone, do automatic  auction relists come off the freebies if I don't have a store.
Thank you.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Automatic relists for auctions.

relist.PNGMine use to say relist for free, the wording is different now and I found out the hard way, was getting slugged fees, this image is copied from a non store account as I was trying to avoid opening a store, but ebay kept changing the rules

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Auto relists are still 100% free for me, the only things which deduct themselves from the freebies are GTC listings. Never had a store and have no intention in upgrading to one.
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@pirie_online wrote:

relist.PNGMine use to say relist for free, the wording is different now and I found out the hard way, was getting slugged fees, this image is copied from a non store account as I was trying to avoid opening a store, but ebay kept changing the rules

When we click on the "i" symbol, this is the relevant part for either store or non-store sites -

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Auction-style listings

• If you're using the quick listing tool:
    • Auctions with a duration of 5 days or more will be automatically relisted up to 8 times.
    • Auctions with a 1- or 3-day duration will be automatically relisted as a 7-day auction if your item doesn't sell. We'll send you an email each time we relist it.
    • Automatic relisting is selected by default. While you can't opt out of automatic relisting, you can still cancel the listing.
    • Automatic relists do not count towards your free listings balance.
  • When you refund a buyer after accepting their request to cancel a transaction, or return an item as they changed their mind, we'll automatically relist your item for you.
    • If you don't want your item to be relisted, simply clear the Relist item or Relist item after cancellation box when issuing the refund.
  • If you're using the business tool to create an auction with a duration of 5 days or more, you can choose to automatically relist the item by selecting the Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell box.
  • Automatic relisting is available in most categories, but there are some exclusions (see below).
  • An insertion fee applies (or it counts as a free listing😞
    • For the original auction-style listing
    • Each time the item is relisted, if you have an eBay Store or are selling on eBay as a business.

If your item doesn't sell after 8 relists, it will appear in your unsold items.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The part in red is what we're referring to, that colour and the underlining and italics are our doing to highlight that part.

Our non-store accounts still have the relists for free.

Are you perhaps registered as a business account?  That would explain the difference.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

No, not a business account, all personal accounts and I was being slugged $1.65 for relists once I exceeded 40, stopped getting the 8 auto free relists.  Do you guys still see the word "free" in the relisting field??

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply