Azerbaijan Republic

Has anyone posted anything to this country before?

Honestly I haven't even heard of it until today..... I don't know what to do.......

Should I send this item? I don't really want to pay the extra $13 for registered post...........

The item is only a total of $6.70 including postage by regular air mail ($2.60)

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Azerbaijan Republic

I think it used to be part of the Soviet Union.

I onl;y sell domestic unless a buyer contacts me and can give a good case why I should post to them. Which is usually relatively rare books. Not $6.70 'free' post items.

Maybe tighten up your buyer requirements.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Azerbaijan Republic

I don't really mind sending overseas, except when a buyer complains how "expensive" postage is, and smashes my DSR which restricts my accounts selling limits.

Actually, the item is $4.00 + $2.70 (international regular air mail), not free postage. I don't give international buyers free postage as the price difference is just too much compared to domestic postage.

You do make a good point though. I'll probably start restricting some countries in my listings. Not sure whether I should contact this particular buyer to cancel their transaction.. They have 0 feedback so I'm a bit skeptical.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Azerbaijan Republic

Yes Azerbaijan, Baku is former Soviet Republic. When CCCP collapse 1991 all 14 republics gain their own indepence from Russia...

See attached image of modern Baku

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Azerbaijan Republic

cezm
Community Member

I would send it.

I definitely wouldn't pay for registered post if it is more than the cost of the item and post.

The chances of mail getting lost would be pretty slim and if the worst came to worst I'd wear the $6.70 ... but I don't head into tranactions expecting the worst.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Azerbaijan Republic

Macocnii. Personally I wouldnt post it - but if you feel you must - put the most unattractive and bland stamps on it - not Australian fauna like Koalas, Kangaroos, or cricket, football  etc as sometimes, sad but true,  parcels & letters sometimes get stolen by postal workers just for the stamps - if possible get a PO counter label.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Azerbaijan Republic

I reckon there is a fair chance the OP has already made the decision, given they asked the question over 6 weeks ago.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Azerbaijan Republic

Hey guys, thanks for your suggestions.

I did end up posting the item to see how it goes as I was a little curious. The buyer messaged me on Jan 10th saying the item hadn't arrived yet, but they were happy to wait a little longer and haven't heard back from them since. Hopefully they have received the keyring by now though..

It was posted at the PO counter because a custom form had to be declared so the postage label is just a plain printed one.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply