BIN immediate payment

Have had 3 BIN orders bought today ( on another account) but were not paid for straight away which was very unusal as immediate payment is normally enforced on BIN items so I guess ebay have taken away the forced payment. Now I had change all my listings to be immediate payment on BIN, if things change wish we were notified before hand so we could prepare. Also had to change brand & UPC on every listing which was not fun. Has this happened to others too over the last couple of days.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

BIN immediate payment

Immediate payment has always, theoretically, been a seller choice. Most people would pay immediately for BINs, but it's certainly not a given.

I don't have it and never had. Luckily eBay has yet to impose it on me, which seems to be the case for others, but it is not an official policy.

It you want to ensure immediate payment, and have no interest in combining postage or offering volume discounts, set it yourself. It's your account and your responsibility, not eBay's, to manage it the way YOU want.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

BIN immediate payment

Am I reading correctly that when you listed the items with the BIN you DID, when you listed tick the immediate payment required ?

I do not have any items listed for sale at the moment, but when I do list items, I always have to also tick the immediate payment required box myself for each item

Was the other account a store account ?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

BIN immediate payment

If you sell in the clothing or home & garden categories ebay announced very recently that they'd be enforcing the brand and UPC specifics. They've been warning about having to include item specifics for a long time now. It pays to look at the seller centre regularly and keep up with the latest changes.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

BIN immediate payment

The immediate payment was not my choice it was forced on me when I started my store. I never had the immediate payment ticked on my listings it was something that just automatically happened.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

BIN immediate payment

So if you didn't want it, why are you complaining about not having it now?

Are you sure your buyers didn't request a total, ie they bought but they're waiting for an invoice? Or that they didn't select bank deposit rather than paypal?

It could just be a glitch. They've been known to happen on ebay.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

BIN immediate payment

There are other ways to offer combined postage & volume discounts which I have in place.  I did want the immediate payment it just would of been nice to get a heads up that it was going to change so I could of get things sorted before it acutally happened & was curious as to weather it changed for others in the same position as me.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

BIN immediate payment

I was another that had immediate payment forced upon me, only I don't want it. I haven't sold anything for a few days so not sure if it's changed for me as well. If I do sell something over the weekend (my busiest time), I'll report back to you.

Edit: well blow me down, I just got 2 sales from one buyer. They requested an invoice. Either my forced immediate payment has been switched off too, or they added the items to the cart and then requested an invoice.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

BIN immediate payment

You are totally wrong !!! Yes, eBay is responsible if there will be any changes on things/futures especially forced by eBay when setting up stores. No need to blame store owners for this eBayโ€™s own laziness ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

BIN immediate payment

@khulu74,

I don't think you have quite read davewil's post thoroughly...

If sellers do want to implement Immediate Payment, it is, generally speaking, something that sellers select in their settings. Notwithstanding, sometimes eBay will impose it on selling accounts without the seller actually selecting it.

I haven't seen anything in davewil's post that suggests eBay does not have glitches or interfere.

@davewil1964 wrote:

Luckily eBay has yet to impose it on me, which seems to be the case for others, but it is not an official policy.

In other words, davewil states that eBay hasn't forced immediate payment on him, but he acknowledges that this forcing seems to be the case for some other sellers. He also states that having immediate payment is not official policy.

So... I'm not sure why you respond to davewil's post with "You are totally wrong !!!" and "Yes, eBay is responsible if there will be any changes [...] forced by eBay" and "No need to blame store owners for this eBay's own laziness", since daveil has not posted anything to the contrary.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply