Bad Buyer

This Ebay customer has bought from me TWICE and both times, won't contact me or pay for the item(s).  I send multiple invoices and messages, and receive nothing back.  I am frustrated that this has happened twice and there seems to be nothing I can do. 

I also checked her feedback there is another Ebay Seller who has also experienced that same problems.

Can you help?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Bad Buyer

Please remove personal info from the forums - you cannot put names here. Otherwise a mod will change it.

There are things you can do.

Why didn't you block them the first time so that there wasn't a second opportunity to mess with you?

Do you have yours seller blocks in place? A buyer like that would be blocked from many sellers if they have more than 2 unpaid item strikes in their history.

Not much point in messaging the buyer again and again when it becomes clear they are just mucking you around. You can automate your non-paying buyer processes.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Bad Buyer

Nothing you can do?

Why not open a non payment dispute?

The other person gave them positive feedback for not paying?

Do not reward non payers with a green tick, eBay will remove the neg comment, ping the seller for leaving it, leave the green tick and the 'buyer' will be even more encouraged to keep doing it

Also, add them to your blocked list

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Bad Buyer

eBay gives you the tools to deal with non-payers, use and implement them from the links below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer-ebay?id=4082

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

Edit. G'day Sandy and Jelly.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Bad Buyer

@selinaos wrote:

I also checked her feedback there is another Ebay Seller who has also experienced that same problems.

Actually there are several sellers who gave her positive FB to complain about her not paying. The latest one was particularly angry and visual, but there are more if you scroll down.

Not the right reaction (and not even allowed) because it just increases her score.

Cancel the transaction (this will be an automatic strike against her account) and block her. 

Unfortunately, name and shame is not allowed here, so a mod will probably remove the buyer's name.

And we are just normal members, so we cannot help directly. We can only give you advice.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Bad Buyer

No wonder she keeps doing it

Makes fake bids, refusing to pay and gets rewarded for it 

She must be laughing her head off 😡

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Bad Buyer

I don't mean this in a rude way, but you have been a member of ebay for many years now and you've sold hundreds of items.

You are so, so lucky you have got this far without ever having struck trouble before.

If you want to keep selling on ebay and it looks as if you do, then the best thing you could do is make yourself a cuppa, sit down and have a look at the links other members have posted here. Take the time to read them carefully and follow through with your blocks. And if anyone doesn't pay in future, follow up by giving that buyer a strike for non payment. Never just a neg feedback with a green dot!

You'll need maybe 30-45 minutes to dedicate to sorting it out and discovering your options but it will be time well spent. It will make your life easier.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Bad Buyer

Think of negative feedback towards buyers as a poison pellet. You’re not permitted to poison the buyer… and giving them a nice chocolate presented in a glossy wrapper marked POISON doesn’t make it poisonous. The buyer simply removes the wrapper (asks eBay to remove the negative comment) and blissfully consumes the chocolate (look pleasurably at the comment-less green dot.

Just block the nonpaying buyer, report as NPB, and the resulting invisible strike will frustrate the buyer’s attempts to repeat their behaviour with any seller whose buyer requirements are set to block bids or purchases from any buyer with 2 strikes.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Bad Buyer

Aaaaaand, despite the advice given, the OP has left 3 false positive feedbacks. I wonder why they bother asking for advice at times, when they refuse to listen to the answers.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Bad Buyer

And choose to reward non payers 😡

Why post threads complaining about them and then go and reward and encourage them

Says  'beware' when nobody else would even have a clue who to be aware of

No doubt the OP  will be back here, up in arms if the 'buyer' reports them

Not as if they are new or experienced either 

Like I said, no wonder the 'buyer' keeps on doing it

Sellers like this choose to egg them on

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply