Bank BSB details missing.

Hi all, is anybody else having or had this problem. Two eBay accounts, 1 personal and 1 business, within the last week have had buyers emailing saying they are unable to pay by direct credit to my bank accounts, 2 different banks and accounts. When I printed out the orders at my end and at the customers end it only show bank account numbers, no BSBs. EBay says my account detail settings are all correct and the problem is with the buyers server ( 2 different buyers in 2 different areas!!). Very frustrating as I have just lost a $859.00 sale as the buyer thinks I'm a scammer. Any suggestions? Cheers - Di
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Bank BSB details missing.

no it's the way ebay have the new page set up. I was getting buyers saying that too so I went in and changed my details in preferences.(my ebay> account> site preferences>payment from buyers>use bank deposit express, then click on edit on the RHS)

Even though the BSB is displayed in there it is not showing on buyers pages for some reason so I fixed it by putting the BSB also in the bank name section: mine looks like this eg
St George BSB 112879

Don't forget to hit submit after you change the details.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Hi Had the same thing happen recently. Most buyers use paypal so I guess that is why I have not had more queries. I could not work out what the problem was either.

I see harley has answered below with a solution. Thank you very much for the help with that.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Way back when ebay tried to make paypal a mandatory payment mode...surprisingly.... a "glitch" continually removed

sellers bank account details and that "glitch' funnelled buyers to the paypal portal. (what luck eh??)

Ebay tried to use the rubbery figures produced to prove to the ACCC that buyers preferred paypal over bank deposit.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/174655,accc-ruling-to-ebay-paypal-not-required-as-sole-payment-op...

The dissapearance of BSBs and bank account numbers only served to cause more buyers to use paypal

It's called disruptive innovation.

Now that ebay and paypal are separating and paypal will be up for sale you can be sure that ebay will, at any cost, up

the PP participation rate to make the figures look as good as possible.

So for ebay users disruptive innovation = dissapearing bank account details

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Hi Harley

Just went in to do what you suggested - want to clarify. I go to Step 2 as if I am changing the details for the bank account and reenter everything there to do the edit. 

Cheers

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, it has been a problem for some time now.    As Harley says, you have to put the BSB in the same field as the Name of the Bank.

so yes, you have to edit and put them in again.

I noticed that they also have a space for "Seller's Notes"  so I put another line in there with the full details of an alternative bank account, as some buyers don't like paying into a credit union for some reason.   Or maybe it was for the buyers who want to actually walk into a bank and make a deposit, so I had to have a fairly common Australian bank.

And it is just so typical of ebay to deny that they have caused the problem.   It's nothing to do with the buyer's servers.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks everybody. I thought there was something weird happening, 2 different eBay accounts, 2 different banks, 2 different buyers yet 1 problem and it's supposed to be outside servers - hmmmm! Seriously if I ran my business as loose with the truth no doubt I be broke.
Thanks again
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I have just been trying to make a bank transfer to pay for an item but the Sellers BSB is not available. I have contacted the Seller who has stated that the details have been given to Ebay. After reading a few previous complaints  Regarding the same subject  I feel confident enough to suggest that it is another way for EBay to ensure that they and Paypal get there share and more, of the sale and to steer us away from making bank transfers which they do not benefit from. 

@diesmith wrote:
Hi all, is anybody else having or had this problem. Two eBay accounts, 1 personal and 1 business, within the last week have had buyers emailing saying they are unable to pay by direct credit to my bank accounts, 2 different banks and accounts. When I printed out the orders at my end and at the customers end it only show bank account numbers, no BSBs. EBay says my account detail settings are all correct and the problem is with the buyers server ( 2 different buyers in 2 different areas!!). Very frustrating as I have just lost a $859.00 sale as the buyer thinks I'm a scammer. Any suggestions? Cheers - Di

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

So when you buy from a Chinese seller, which I can see from your feedback that you occasionally do,

you somehow manage to pay with bank deposit even though they state they only accept Paypal ???

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I doubt that ebay gets much from paypal these days as they no longer own paypal....and they are setting up their own payment system.

Foxy, it could be one of thse Chinese sellers with warehouse facilities in Australia.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply