Banner advertising

Hi everybody,

i am looking for a way to run Ebay banner advertising for my business. i contacted Ebay ads and online support. online support says i should wait for Ebay ads team reply.

does anybody know how i can run banner advertising on ebay?

i need to know the cost, the format, type and how to procceed.

anybody has experience with ebay ad team and banner advertising, here????

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Banner advertising

My only experience with banner ads is, having an adblocker that blocks them from showing. A significant number of users do exactly the same. Sure, there are a few that haven't worked out adblockers yet, but most people on a regular computer these days have. I'm not sure I'd be wasting your money for that reason. I'd imagine the ads would be quite expensive. Your call though. Get onto live chat under the help link at the top of the page.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Banner advertising

Any such advertising my ad blocking does not catch, I instantly hit the back key

Besides the price it would cost to have, there are also the customers one will possibly lose who dislike 'banner ads'  

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Banner advertising

I don't know if this is out of date or not (has ยฉ2019 eBay Australia at the end, anyway), but I'd try the email address available here, anyway (unless this is what you were referring to and you've reached out already) :

https://pages.ebay.com.au/advertising/

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Banner advertising

My adblocker is so effective I had to google " what does an ebay banner ad look like"  to work out what this thread is about!

I may be totally wrong but I suspect that anyone not looking for a rug won't suddenly decide to buy one if a rug ad is plastered across their screen.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Banner advertising

The ads are usually targeted based on the user's google searches etc, so they typically won't be shown to anyone that hasn't already been looking for a particular product. I have an adblocker on the main browser I use, but I don't on the secondary browser (which is the one I use for logging in to this ID). I use websites where it's overall more beneficial to not have adblock with this browser, so I see all the third-party advertising when I shop on eBay - usually it's for websites I visit frequently and / or things I looked for and already bought, though. ๐Ÿคฃ

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply