Basic store subscription doubling in September

Hi,

We have just read the changes that are coming in September 2012 regarding Basic Store Subscriptions (rising from $24.95 to $49.95)

Our sales on ebay have reduced so much over the last year or so that doubling our store subscription really isn't an option  (most of our sales come though our website).  My question is, if we close our store and take advantage of the 30 free listings per month, will we have to relist the stock we have in there now?  Or will it appear in our Unsold folder and we can just relist it from there?  Also, is there anything we'll miss out on by not having a store other than Good Till Cancelled listings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 143
Latest reply
142 REPLIES 142

I'm not sure what will happen to current listings if you close a store (GTC listings in particular - at best, if they don't end, I guess the'd reach the end of the listing period already charged, then end), but apart from the slight break on FVF, non-Power Sellers, store owners and businesses aren't able to list multiple quantity BIN's, nor use the variant listing format. Not sure if either of those will affect you, but they're the only other things I can think of.

Message 2 of 143
Latest reply

I would guess that you are a Powerseller ?

If powerseller, you do not qualify for the free 30 listings.. so would need to create a new account or wait few - several months for you to lose your powerseller status (assuming thats how that would work).

listing fees are also from 50cents upto $3 depending on price tag/start price.

only can list 1 qty per listing. and max days listed is 10 days.

so you could only relist each item 3 times.... once you go over 30 listings, it will then cost....

im in the same boat now.. sales have a slowed a lot since earlier this year.

Message 3 of 143
Latest reply

jupitercreekmusic
Community Member

My sales have been down for some time now so on receiving the email this morning I've closed my store.

Message 4 of 143
Latest reply

I recently closed my store, good timing hey, all my listings dropped into unsold so you can relist them from there.

It would seem that ebay wants to squeeze low volume sellers out of the store system and only keep big businesses there.

I guess us hobby sellers aren't worth much to them.

Jenny

Message 5 of 143
Latest reply

Oh yes, if you want to opt out of the powerseller program you just give ebay a ring and they will cancel it for you and you will be able to get your 30 free listings a month.

I never found the powerseller of any benefit when I had it, when they removed it sales were about the same.

I got to list my first 30 the other day, it saved me $15.00, so woohoo, better than paying $49.95!

Jenny

Message 6 of 143
Latest reply

If you close your store, all your listings end at the same time

This will hurt the smaller sellers on selling limits. I am on 200, but since late November last year, I have now lost track on how many times I have sents emails or rand ebay to get my limits raised.

If you email, it says you get a response within about 24 hours, if you ring, they will forward your request to have your limits raised to Trust & Safety and you should bget a reply within 3-5 working days

Late November 2011 is 9 months ago and not once have I had a reply about getting my limits raised

If ebay want sellers to become sucessful, not raising limits and increasing site fees wont help

Message 7 of 143
Latest reply

I will be closing my store also.  The price rise is outrageous and aimed at getting rid of hobby sellers.  Some enterprising people should start a new site and do it better than eBay, it wouldn't be hard.

Message 8 of 143
Latest reply

Thanks for all your replies.  It seems like we won't really lose much by closing the store.  Even if we used up the 30 free listings and had to pay a few dollars here and there for listings it would still be a better outcome for us than having our store subscription double.

Luckily for us, we don't rely on ebay for most of our business  because with all the changes over the last 12 months and with more to come, I suspect business will be dropping even more unfortunately.

Message 9 of 143
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

Well done once again to the people we call "ebay". Just weeks after doubling the sales fees they now double the store fees..lol. Seriously, you people are shooting yourselves in the foot. People are quitting ebay in their droves due to this. All for the sake of making a quick buck. It is far cheaper to sell off ebay now due to the ridiculous over the top fees.

My sales had dropped since the massive fee increases yet ebay is now making more money from those sales!!. The is simply no use having a store anymore.

Imagine the shock of customers who now learn that they could buy a desktop computer from us for over $100 cheaper if it was not on Ebay.

Wake up ebay. If you want to continue having a large section of the internet otherwise everyone will eventually move on to other far cheaper sales auction sites now available.

Of course, as usual my posting will be removed for daring to state facts.lol

Message 10 of 143
Latest reply