Basic store subscription doubling in September

Hi,

We have just read the changes that are coming in September 2012 regarding Basic Store Subscriptions (rising from $24.95 to $49.95)

Our sales on ebay have reduced so much over the last year or so that doubling our store subscription really isn't an option  (most of our sales come though our website).  My question is, if we close our store and take advantage of the 30 free listings per month, will we have to relist the stock we have in there now?  Or will it appear in our Unsold folder and we can just relist it from there?  Also, is there anything we'll miss out on by not having a store other than Good Till Cancelled listings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 143
Latest reply
142 REPLIES 142

The last FVF I paid was more like 10% !! I think that's a flat rate these days ??  plus I Paid on Post - last sale I had was a veil for $48.00 and the FVF was $4.08  then the overseas registered post was $25.00 and I was charged a FVF of $2.13  so the fees are high and then you loose on post -post on the veil cost me $26 (then there is the Pay Pal fee)

in response to what others said - I started in ebay 2005 and only ever had around 100 listings - I have a on-line store which is better but just wanted to keep an ebay presence with a basic store until they told me basic stores were cancelled in 2012 and now there was only featured at $49.95 - so I wasn't aware they bought back the basic store and wonder when that was???

no I didn't use the free 500 listings - didn't even use 200 - just wanted an ebay shop with a few things in it as a presence on ebay

I am sure there is nothing I can do about it as far as ebay is concerned - it would be buyer beware - I am just annoyed that I didn't know they bought back the basic store but lucky I notice it now and - just wear the $1,000 experience 😞

Message 141 of 143
Latest reply

Clarry100 ~ Hi there - when did you open your two basic stores?? I just wondering when this changed - it appears around 2014 ??
Thanks

Message 142 of 143
Latest reply

to digi , sure she is prob better of on a $20 store , but what I am saying she is not $30 better off as she claims , as her fvf fee will now go up about 15%    ftom 7%  to 8%  she also have sold articles over $100 plus  and also overseas postage costs ,

Message 143 of 143
Latest reply