Basic store subscription doubling in September

Hi,

We have just read the changes that are coming in September 2012 regarding Basic Store Subscriptions (rising from $24.95 to $49.95)

Our sales on ebay have reduced so much over the last year or so that doubling our store subscription really isn't an option  (most of our sales come though our website).  My question is, if we close our store and take advantage of the 30 free listings per month, will we have to relist the stock we have in there now?  Or will it appear in our Unsold folder and we can just relist it from there?  Also, is there anything we'll miss out on by not having a store other than Good Till Cancelled listings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 143
Latest reply
142 REPLIES 142

Re: Basic store subscription doubling in September - now it's back!!! Basic Store

What Joe says makes a lot of sense.

Have you done the sums on how much extra fvfs you will pay?

You have some high priced items for sale

Message 131 of 143
Latest reply

Re: Basic store subscription doubling in September - now it's back!!! Basic Store

And don't forget that you get 500 free BIN's per month as a featured store as opposed to 200 as a basic store.

That's $15 right there! (300 x .05 = 15)

Don't frget to add that to the 1% extra FVF on the Total Amount of every sale (assuming of course that you are making any sales)

Message 132 of 143
Latest reply

@emerald-fairy wrote:

ok here is a interesting one - for some reason today I decided to check my ebay account as sales are slow and it's costing the earth to have an ebay store - so I checked store prices and see you can have a Basic Store for $19 95 with 200 free listings - when did this come back!!!  in May 2012 I received an email that all Basic Stores had to go to featured and were to be $49.95  so for the past three years I have been paying $49.95 for a store - TODAY I just went back to a Basic Store for $19.95  so it has cost me an extra $30 per month for Three Years - not real happy about that 😞

Just a quick read back..............

Are you actually saying that you have never noticed that you have been getting

500 listings as opposed to the basic 200?

Someone's a bit slow off the mark

Message 133 of 143
Latest reply

I think its more than .5cents

Message 134 of 143
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@emerald-fairy wrote:

ok here is a interesting one - for some reason today I decided to check my ebay account as sales are slow and it's costing the earth to have an ebay store - so I checked store prices and see you can have a Basic Store for $19 95 with 200 free listings - when did this come back!!!  in May 2012 I received an email that all Basic Stores had to go to featured and were to be $49.95  so for the past three years I have been paying $49.95 for a store - TODAY I just went back to a Basic Store for $19.95  so it has cost me an extra $30 per month for Three Years - not real happy about that 😞

Just a quick read back..............

Are you actually saying that you have never noticed that you have been getting

500 listings as opposed to the basic 200?

Someone's a bit slow off the mark

There are less than 200 listings now, so maybe she did not use the allowed 500 anyway.

Message 135 of 143
Latest reply

hey lyndal got your envelope yet

Message 136 of 143
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

I think its more than .5cents

The five cent listing fee applies to certain media classifications such as books & music. Most other categories are twenty cents. Some collectibles categories are free to list I believe.
 The fairy has eleven feedbacks for the past six months so the 1 % extra FVF would not be a big burden on those numbers of sales.
Message 137 of 143
Latest reply

hi clarry  there are a few different stores you can choose , its up to the seller which one suits them , you cant just go to ebay and go thru all your sales for 3 years and work out which is better ,it depends on so many things if the seller sold more ,what price the sellers items are., so many posibilitys , for instance busier months =better of with a $50 store quieter months better off with a $20 store , its up to the seller , now if they dont know when changes happen , [surely in 1000 days when it says 187 listings used. 313 listings left should of opened up there eyes , 

Message 138 of 143
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

hey lyndal got your envelope yet

Yes Joe.  I have just posted a comprehensive report on your Australia Post thread where it belongs.

Message 139 of 143
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:
 The fairy has eleven feedbacks for the past six months so the 1 % extra FVF would not be a big burden on those numbers of sales.

With a $30 difference between the two stores, and presuming only free listings are being used in either, a seller needs to turn over more than $3000 (including postage) per month for a featured store to cost less in store subscription and final value fees than a basic store. Feasible, for high value or high turnover items, though. 

Things are a little different if more than 200 listings will be used, as the normal BIN instertion fee drops from 50c for each extra over 200 with basic, to 20c with a featured for each one over 500 (non-media items, of course). 

Message 140 of 143
Latest reply