Best Offer "including postage"

Hi sellers, could you please help me?

I have been made an offer of an item that is an acceptable total price. So I clicked "accept" but I think if I click "accept" again, it will cause a big heachache. I see this:

Offer price:AU $20.00
Message to seller:$20 total inclusive of postage to [buyer's location]
Postage and Handling:AU $8.25 -- Standard Shipping (Australia Post Prepaid Parcel Post 500g Satchel).  Additional services available.Help

There are more postage options available. Return to the listing - opens in a new window or tab for more choices.close

Payment methods:PayPal, Bank Deposit, Other - See Payment Instructions.

If i clicked "accept" again does the system think the buyer is offering $20 + $8.25? In this case is it better to make a counter offer of $11.25 + $8.25 and make a note saying I accept your offer of $20 total but must separate the price of items and postage else the system will charge you the $8.25 twice?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can accept the offer and resend the invoice. You can change the postage cost  to zero dollars when resending the invoice.

I have had the same thing a few times as well. Your way would work also.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I forgot to add that if you do it my way by changing the postage cost, don't click on the recalculate button in the invoice section, I think it changes everything back to default.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks dylan, this is good advice. The "recalculate" button has been a bone of contention for many years!

I do want to keep the postage price at $8.25 and only reduce the purchase price. I have a bit of time so I'll keep that option on the side for now.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

It is probably best to keep the postage cost and make a counter offer with the postage seperate as you have said. If someone decides to return something for change of mind (asumming you accept) you won't have the option of not refunding the original postage cost if it is included in the price.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I ended up going with what I wanted to do in the first place.

I think I needed a bit of time to digest what was happening, be sure I was interpreting the situation correctly and coming up with a nice counter offer that didn't sound condescending or threatening. I think I went okay.

It is good there is the option of either taking off the postage or countering the original offer.

Let's see how it goes 🙂

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

There is also the fact that it may have been an impulse buy. By sending a counteroffer (which is esentially the same price) you have given the buyer an option to opt out quite easily.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply