Best way to sell Tolkien collectables (if they are actually collectable)

I have a few calendars from the 1970s and 1980s and 3 jigsaws from the same time and I am wondering if selling them as one lot would be better than listing each one separately

There are 9 calendars still in their envelopes (fantastic condition) and a second calendar for 1988 (average condition) that has no envelope and a partly used calendar from 1980 (used).

The 3 jigsaws are the double sided Hobbit jigsaws, a Map of Middle Earth and Bilbo's Last Song.

The weight of these things are going to be a killer when it comes to postage so should I try the jigsaws as one listing (light weight) and the calanders seperately.

The lazy me is saying do one listing but the money hungry me is saying do each one separately.

When I look at listing for these items they are mainly in the US and I won't be selling to overseas buyers so are they collectable in Australia?

Why am I asking here?

Becasue my recent sales have been deplorable (very low prices) and I have lost confidence in my own ability to sell anything.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Best way to sell Tolkien collectables (if they are actually collectable)

i-once-was-a-bump, before you do anything view Completed Listings for what you have, ebay seems very slow at the moment so I'd be researching first.

I would list calendars as a lot, I think unless they are rare ones, a scrapbooker would most likely want them more so than perhaps a calendar collector.

Jigsaws are a completely different category, no one is going to pay postage for one when they don't want the others.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks I never thought of anyone using them for scrapbooking or maybe even decoupage.

Long time since my decoupage lessons but I might give it another go after looking at the dismal completed lsitings.

They only seem to be in the US and I won't send overseas.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

bump, if it weren't for overseas buyers my sales would be a lot lower, aussies have a different taste to the overseas buyers, I would say 50% of my sales are to OS & I've never had a problem.

If they are happy to pay the postage, why not ?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Bump have a look at Pack & Track for sending to the US and UK, it is suitable for Paypal protection and very simple to use.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I don't look for calendars specifically, but used to collect Tolkien stuff, and if that included calendars it still went into my collection. As a buyer I prefer individual listings, but as I'm also a seller bulk lots are just easier and take up less time ๐Ÿ™‚

Just sent you a PM, too.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I would think if the only competition is in the US thaen listing here would be an advantage for selling to Australian collectors.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply