Best way to ship glass screen protectors

Hi All,

I use the padded bags to ship the tempered glass screen protectors. But I am receiving complaints that they arrive cracked for one customer. Is it the case for other sellers too?

What would be best way of packaging it?

Any thoughts on how AusPost handles the shipment and how I can avoid such damages in transit appreciated

Best Regards

Thalha

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@aztonline wrote:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100-220x160x16mm-Envelope-Size-Diecut-Mailing-Box-Rigid-Photo-Mailer-6-7-...

Is this the one you are talking about? I could use the same too.

But does it cost only $1.40 for postage stamp same as letters?

Yep, those are the ones, I don't know the measurements of your items, but there's one size smaller, like these, or maybe even these (CD size).

They will go as letters as long as they don't go over 2cm thick (they are designed not to, but it's possible for them to expand a little if thicker items are inside. Just make sure the sides are taped down and they should be all good - they are a little heavier than the bubble mailers, too, so it can sometimes be quite easy to go over 125gm (meaning $2.10, or $3.50 postage if over 250gm. The ones you've linked to are the size I personally use most, and they weigh around 45 grams each, so that plus your contents. The smaller ones are about 25 grams. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I don't ship glass but I do ship flat items that shouldn't be bent too much.  Padded bags wont protect your parcel from getting bent and cracking the contents. 

I have a roll of corrugated cardboard and I cut a piece off and fold it over the item and then wrap with paper (they are too big for a padded bag).

I had to buy this because the items are large and I don't get enough boxes to suit, but you could recycle boxes easily to serve the same purpose. Just use the stiffest cardboard available, maybe layer two ways for extra support.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I use the rigid envelope mailers for delicate items (the ones that are like a thin box, rather than the ones designed for documents), on average they're about 2 or 3x as expensive as the padded mailers but are pretty difficult to damage from the outside, so well worth it when you want to protect the contents without having to package as a parcel. (There's a range of sizes - a search on eBay for rigid envelope should get the right results). 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

H, I had one delivered in a normal envelope. the seller used a plastic template with raised edges to protect it.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

They have to withstand a 20 kg parcel being dropped on them. I would wrap in paper, then bubblewrap, then 3mm compressed wood sheet cut oversized. (available at Bunnings), then another layer of bubblewrap then paper.

Might sound a bit much but I dont think they will get damaged.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

I only ever use sturdy cardboard (from chopped up boxes) to mail things I don't want bent in transit.

Recycling, plus it's cheap. No need to buy special mailers or padded bags - paper envelopes,

reinforced with tape if necessary, seem to work for me. If I was going to be mailing a lot I'd possibly

invest in a bulk quantity of cardboard/rigid flat mailers.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@stampingpaws wrote:

They have to withstand a 20 kg parcel being dropped on them. I would wrap in paper, then bubblewrap, then 3mm compressed wood sheet cut oversized. (available at Bunnings), then another layer of bubblewrap then paper.

Might sound a bit much but I dont think they will get damaged.

And then maybe hand-deliver them to avoid Aus Post entirely? LOL.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I am selling Nuglas Branded one which already has the plastic covering and a case over it. Must be sturdy for transport and can withstand if heavy items are dropped on it.

I suspect the major reason is the postie bending it to push it through the mailbox even though it has a clear "DO NOT BEND" written on it

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100-220x160x16mm-Envelope-Size-Diecut-Mailing-Box-Rigid-Photo-Mailer-6-7-...

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@aztonline wrote:

Yep, those are the ones, I don't know the measurements of your items, but there's one size smaller, like these, or maybe even these (CD size).

They will go as letters as long as they don't go over 2cm thick (they are designed not to, but it's possible for them to expand a little if thicker items are inside. Just make sure the sides are taped down and they should be all good - they are a little heavier than the bubble mailers, too, so it can sometimes be quite easy to go over 125gm (meaning $2.10, or $3.50 postage if over 250gm. The ones you've linked to are the size I personally use most, and they weigh around 45 grams each, so that plus your contents. The smaller ones are about 25 grams. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply